• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

So if your father told you a story, you would be compelled to fact check it?

I sure as hell wouldn't and it's not really reasonable to expect anybody to do so.

Correcting him. Totally OK.

Using it is a basis to impugn his integrity or honesty. Kinda fucked up.

bobknightfan's death cannot come soon enough. I hope he goes peacefully and without pain, but that guy is a fucking waste of oxygen.

kabooyow.gif

"Some details incorrect". LOL. The truth of the matter is that he just posted a bunch of shit without even bothering to check (which would have been an easy thing to do) to see that what he was posting couldn't possibly have happened, then completely changed his story when he got called out on it.

Obviously, it's not that big of a deal, but saying it was just "some details" is a stretch. The entire point of his story was about his dad staying up late to listen to the game in his bed & not wanting to wake his mother. We all know who won the game.

quite literally the only thing that changed was time of day

the staying in bed and not wanting to wake his mom parts were still fucking true you incorrigible old bastard

"Some details incorrect". LOL. The truth of the matter is that he just posted a bunch of shit without even bothering to check (which would have been an easy thing to do) to see that what he was posting couldn't possibly have happened, then completely changed his story when he got called out on it.

Obviously, it's not that big of a deal, but saying it was just "some details" is a stretch. The entire point of his story was about his dad staying up late to listen to the game in his bed & not wanting to wake his mother. We all know who won the game.

rain-man-full-1.jpg

This might be the most agreement about an issue on this board I've ever seen. But, I guess I have to back through every thread ever to make sure that's true.

There's a reason BKF is the only poster I have on ignore.

Now I feel like I need to call my dad and fact check all of his stories.

Pops, did you really have 250 rushing yards in the county championship?
Sorry son, it was really 247.
My whole life has been a lie.

If I post a story about something that happened in my past, you can be about 99.9% sure that my details will be accurate. I have a spreadsheet diary with 7,500 dated entries covering 50+ years in which I fact-check any stories I tell before I post them. Last time I printed it out it was more than 200 pages. I just have a thing about accuracy, that's all. Maybe that attention to detail comes from being an econ major, I don't know.

05293e34a2a7468f362d1951e0d00047422c99b96be78daf6a71144195ef947b.jpg

See these are the moments that make me really upset I passed up the opportunity to work with BKF...

If I post a story about something that happened in my past, you can be about 99.9% sure that my details will be accurate. I have a spreadsheet diary with 7,500 dated entries covering 50+ years in which I fact-check any stories I tell before I post them. Last time I printed it out it was more than 200 pages. I just have a thing about accuracy, that's all. Maybe that attention to detail comes from being an econ major, I don't know.

OK, you are weird. It's cool. I am weird about some things too. But I don't hold the world to my standard of weirdness.

Plus, did you catalog your father's life like that too?

As an a Econ major, I can testify that that's not it.

Or you're OCD as fuck

That's 37 1/2 entries per page. How many lines are in an excel spreadsheet page? Did you make an entry every time you peed?

Back