• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Football Recruiting

94, All of the DBs commits are 6 foot or taller. The old defense could have CBs shift to safety, safeties to Rover, Rovers to LB. Just bring in good athletes and the staff will work it out. I hope the coaches get the players they want.

How many steaks per recruit nowadays?

Really want/need Harris. I wonder how many teams can boast two state players of the year? Glad to have commits from Taylor Powell and Sage Surratt

Really want/need Harris. I wonder how many teams can boast two state players of the year? Glad to have commits from Taylor Powell and Sage Surratt

How is it possible hat Surratt is only a 2* on Rivals?

Interesting to read that article again. A few things stuck out at me that didn't three years ago.

Williams may have had an undiagnosed learning disability that he had been covering for with his quick wit and talent on the field.

This Beason quote made me think:
Says Beason: “You want to know the truth? Some guys need to leave Miami to succeed. They need to go far away, to a nice campus with none of the distractions of home. When you come from the inner-city like Willie did, too often it’s about fast money. It’s not about hard work, about maintaining. Everyone tells you how great you are, everyone feeds you lines, but they don’t pull for you to keep striving. They just feed off you. If you’re not careful, it brings you down. I’m not sure he could ever focus.”

Wake could be that kind of campus for some talented kids who just need to get away to focus and be successful in the classroom and the field/court.

Sad story. Dude could have been the Charles Barkley of football.

Just watched some Waydale Jones video. Hope he has a great visit!

BSD has a nice write up on the players visiting this week-end. Impressive bunch of players. Hope we win the recruiting battle for most of them. Some impressive videos on the BSD website.

Welcome to Team Waydale! Bandwagon filling up fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At first glance I thought you were saying "Welcome to the team, Waydale!" And meant that our slots are filling up fast. Bummer.

Tre Norwood is down to WF, ND, and Oklahoma. I'm sure we are the long, long, long shot in this field. But it is still incredible that we are in this company for a recruit.

Tre Norwood is down to WF, ND, and Oklahoma. I'm sure we are the long, long, long shot in this field. But it is still incredible that we are in this company for a recruit.

Pretty cool.

'And the finalist are....... Notre Dame, Oklahoma and Wake Forest'

I like the sound of that

Looks like Minny was pretty involved too. Figure that can only help us.

Pretty cool.

'And the finalist are....... Notre Dame, Oklahoma and Wake Forest'

I like the sound of that

Oklahoma looks to be the odd man out. Two private school football powers. I give the edge to the one who went to a bowl.

Back