• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump Will Win the Nomination

So, how does this comport with giving that vote to a compulsive criminal? Can't see how this is any better of a choice for a Christian.

The only moral choice lies in the Middle Path, Johnson/Weld.

Compulsive criminals have gotten voted into office since the formation of the Union. At least to the degree of clintons criminality. Spare us the righteous indignation about this candidate please.

Compulsive criminals have gotten voted into office since the formation of the Union. At least to the degree of clintons criminality. Spare us the righteous indignation about this candidate please.

This is what Hillary supporters are left with. Politicians have always been pigs. I like pigs. If you don't like wallowing in the mud with pigs like I do, there is something wrong with you.

Bake has never been known for his standards, but still.

That woman taints anyone who associates with or supports her.

Last edited:
This is what Hillary supporters are left with. Politicians have always been pigs. I like pigs. If you don't like wallowing in the mud with pigs like I do, there is something wrong with you.

Bake has never been known for his standards, but still.

That woman taints anyone who associates with or supports her.
I

Ok but you and bsf and everyone act like this is their first election. The focus is squarely on alleged criminal activity or lies and not on policy or qualifications. Come on, man. You called her a compulsive criminal lol. Look how petty bsf and bkf are, this is all they are left with.

Who is laughing now?

It's pretty funny to watch serious people have to back-pedal on this issue. I'm not making fun of dv7 with that distinction, just pointing out that some real-world crow is being forced down this morning.
At first I was all https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...hillary-clintons-health-are-absurd/?tid=a_inl
But then I was like: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...issue-in-the-presidential-campaign/?tid=sm_tw

Credit to that journo for owning it.

Informed guesses about what might be in Trump's returns. This one is particularly interesting:

Mark Cuban would really give him some shit if his returns show he only made a couple hundred thousand the last few years. Sure, that's probably net of depreciation which I and most others on this board fully understand is a non-cash deduction that doesn't impact actual cash flow. I'm guessing a sizable majority of the American electorate would have no clue, though, and only get the headline "Trump Only Reported $300,000 In Income Last Year".

Or that he owes several hundred million dollars to Russians and groups controlled/owned by Putin and would have serious financial problems in some of his buildings if the Chines moved out.

These dicks are going to vote Trump out of spite, so his scandals and lies mean nothing to them. Cutting off their noses to spite their faces like petulant children.

Grown-ass men. :rulz:

But some of the people who have voted for W ad Obama can be convinced to vote against Trump.

More about Trump supporters than Trump, but highly relevant to this thread. http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2016/09/trump_s_basket_of_deplorables_hillary_clinton_was_right.html

Lengthy article from Friedersdorf about the alarming level of pretzel logic necessary for conservative thinkers to get behind Trump: http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/09/an-attack-on-founding-principles-at-the-claremont-institute/499094/

They hosted Decius’ argument that the only way to proceed as if virtue, morality, religious faith, stability, and character really matter to conservatives is to energetically elevate a man who goes on Howard Stern to brag about his serial adultery; who swindles his creditors with strategic bankruptcies; who praises Vladimir Putin as a good leader; who fleeced working class Americans credulous enough to attend Trump University; who eagerly puts his name in big letters atop gambling dens; who displays his erratic temperament and historically narcissistic personality daily; who might take any position under the sun on any number of issues; who is as ignorant of religion and dismissive of Judeo-Christian ethics as they come.

Strip away the clever writing and this is idiocy. But Decius is not an idiot. He has ingeniously smuggled a radically anti-conservative agenda into a conservative think tank.

Wittingly or not, the Claremont Institute has published an essay that wants to persuade conservatives of a major alt-right premise. As a reader sympathetic to that movement put it, the alt-right “rejects the procedural fetishism of parliamentary and representative democracies.” It rejects “the ideas of blank slate human nature, proposition nationalism, the dominance of economic thinking, and a society built off Enlightenment-era social engineering. You might then refer to the Alt-Right as the Illiberal Right. It is essentially a rejection of the entire ideology of Liberalism, including the idea that ‘all men are created equal’ is self evident in any way.”

The Decius essay argues from the same premise: that conservatism grounded in the principles of the Founding, in the Declaration and the Constitution, should be abandoned.

Oh, my dear Atlantic-savant, I posted that article days ago! And I was even decried with the call "Let 923 announce Atlantic article"

Another author with a similar take, but some different and perhaps more enlightening analysis. I think this got posted on the general election thread too.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/09/they-are-all-breitbart-now/499511/?utm_source=polfb

I do not believe that journalists are so powerful as to disabuse this group of their beliefs. But there is something to be said for not contributing to an opportunistic ignorance. For much of this campaign journalists have attacked Hillary Clinton for being evasive and avoiding hard questioning from their ranks. And then the second Clinton is forthright and says something revealing, she is attacked—not for the substance of what she’s said—but simply for having said it. This hypocrisy carries a chilling implicit message: Lie to me. Lie to the country. Lie to everyone. This weekend was not just another misanalysis, it was a shocking betrayal of the journalistic mission which should urge the revelation of truth as opposed to the propagation of hot takes, Washington jargon, and politics-speak.

There is one candidate who gleefully lies, lies so much we'll all get tired of lying, and continues to lie even when confronted with direct evidence of the untruth of his statements. His name is Donald J. Trump and he's giving a large part of America what they apparently really want, which is to be lied to.

69-year-old woman punched in face outside rally by Trump supporter

"I said you better learn to speak Russian, and I said the first two words are going to be, ha ha. He stopped in his tracks, and he turned around and just cold-cocked me," Teeter said.

She was punched in the face.

She says she fell on her oxygen tank and has sore ribs, a sore jaw, and cut her elbow. She later went to the hospital and is thankful she did not break any bones.

Police said they didn't make an arrest because officers didn't witness the punch. Teeter thanked the police for giving her a ride home. She said they were wonderful.

Many people expressed concerns for Teeter on social media, to those folks she says, "Thank you."

After the interview, Teeter called WLOS. She wanted to add one more thing, a question.

She asks if people find a Trump supporter punching her in the face deplorable.

Back