• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump Will Win the Nomination

ITT I learned that African American Likely Voters have a strangely positive attitude toward PI lawyers and junk mail.

"Are you sure someone can't prove you're not hurt?" ads carpet bomb the commercial breaks during daytime t.v.

That's a really hard to read graph.

Like if you just look at Ryan Lochte then it's impossible to tell which red bar is Trump (right or left), without looking all the way down one side or the other.

The fact that they equate Dook with those other maladies is hardly fair to those other maladies.

PPP poll

TRUMP FAV/UNFAV with African American voters is:

Fav: 0%
UnFav: 97%
Undecided 3%

LOL

I guess this is the Trump counterpart to the Crooked Hillary thread, so I deem it the best place to post this article about the unsavory and often illegal practices of the Trump Model Agency:

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/08/donald-trump-model-management-illegal-immigration

It seems like most of this stuff is probably not that out of the ordinary for the industry which overall is super-sleazy. That said, certainly there is a big hypocrisy angle here for Trump since he (at least this week) has such a strong stance on illegal immigrants stealing American jobs. If he wasn't importing all these illegal Russian honeys maybe our corn-fed Iowa beauty queens could get a shot, amiright?

Nobody is against importing models.

Trump has one office in Florida, he's supplementing with 3 RVs. In PA, FL, OH, and NC combined, Trump has 20 offices compared to HRC's 136.

Friedersdorf takes down Dennis Prager and, by implication, the rest of the Christians For Trump: http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/09/what-supporting-donald-trump-did-to-dennis-pragers-principles/498905/

Friend of mine wrote this article on the same topic.
http://m.christianpost.com/news/tru...s-is-same-offer-devil-made-christ-168993/?m=1
I know the editors of CP to be good evangelical Christians, but they made the same mistake many evangelicals are liable to make. They said they were actually tempted by Trump's offer to "Vote for me, and I will give you Supreme Court picks and abolish the Johnson Amendment."

Trump's "tempting" offer is remarkably like another made two millennia ago … when the Devil offered Jesus the power to rule over all the kingdoms of the world with justice and mercy, if only Christ would bow down to the Devil. American Christians should not take a deal Jesus rejected.

It profits a man nothing to give his soul in exchange for the entire world ... how can we possibly consider doing so in exchange for Trump's empty promise of Supreme Court nominees?

It can't be because of abortion. When George W. Bush was President, 2/3 of the Supreme Court were Republican appointees, and Republicans controlled the White House and all of Congress. Yet Roe remains. We cannot possibly be so naïve as to believe Donald Trump — who until he decided to run as a Republican supported partial birth abortion without restriction — would do more.

I sure hope it's not because of "religious freedom" or the fear I've heard that if we get a liberal Court, Christianity will decline in America. I absolutely reject the fear that underlies the Supreme Court idolatry taking hold in some of our churches. If the Church needs the Court to save souls and empower a faithful witness — both spoken and lived — then we are truly lost. Christ promised us a cross and the Holy Spirit as our advocate, not tax breaks for our business and a worldly Court to defend our beliefs.

http://m.christianpost.com/news/tru...s-is-same-offer-devil-made-christ-168993/?m=1
I know the editors of CP to be good evangelical Christians, but they made the same mistake many evangelicals are liable to make. They said they were actually tempted by Trump's offer to "Vote for me, and I will give you Supreme Court picks and abolish the Johnson Amendment."

Trump's "tempting" offer is remarkably like another fabricated by incredibly dumb people with an agenda two millennia ago … when the Devil offered Jesus the power to rule over all the kingdoms of the world with justice and mercy, if only Christ would bow down to the Devil. American Christians should not take a deal Jesus rejected.

FIFY. The analogy sort fails when its basically "the same offer as Oscar made Big Bird in Season 6 of Sesame Street"

Trump's "tempting" offer is remarkably like another made two millennia ago … when the Devil offered Jesus the power to rule over all the kingdoms of the world with justice and mercy, if only Christ would bow down to the Devil. American Christians should not take a deal Jesus rejected.

It profits a man nothing to give his soul in exchange for the entire world ... how can we possibly consider doing so in exchange for Trump's empty promise of Supreme Court nominees?

It can't be because of abortion. When George W. Bush was President, 2/3 of the Supreme Court were Republican appointees, and Republicans controlled the White House and all of Congress. Yet Roe remains. We cannot possibly be so naïve as to believe Donald Trump — who until he decided to run as a Republican supported partial birth abortion without restriction — would do more.

I sure hope it's not because of "religious freedom" or the fear I've heard that if we get a liberal Court, Christianity will decline in America. I absolutely reject the fear that underlies the Supreme Court idolatry taking hold in some of our churches. If the Church needs the Court to save souls and empower a faithful witness — both spoken and lived — then we are truly lost. Christ promised us a cross and the Holy Spirit as our advocate, not tax breaks for our business and a worldly Court to defend our beliefs.

Good article. Thanks for sharing. I'll share it with Trump voters in my family.

So, how does this comport with giving that vote to a compulsive criminal? Can't see how this is any better of a choice for a Christian.

The only moral choice lies in the Middle Path, Johnson/Weld.

Informed guesses about what might be in Trump's returns. This one is particularly interesting:

With regard to Trump’s taxes, he has received the NY State STAR tax rebate for the past two years. This tax reduction is automatically given to anyone making less than $500,000 in reported income... The STAR rebate has not been revoked as far as I've seen (it is granted electronically). Trump is a billionaire claiming a tax credit meant for middle-class New Yorkers, because of depreciation rules for his real-estate holdings. I'm sure that's a big part of why he doesn't release his tax returns.

Mark Cuban would really give him some shit if his returns show he only made a couple hundred thousand the last few years. Sure, that's probably net of depreciation which I and most others on this board fully understand is a non-cash deduction that doesn't impact actual cash flow. I'm guessing a sizable majority of the American electorate would have no clue, though, and only get the headline "Trump Only Reported $300,000 In Income Last Year".

+1. Completely agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back