• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

While I wouldn't refer to Matsuyama as a great putter, he's significantly improved. They said the longest putt he hit all week was 16', but as good a ball striker as he is, if he can continue hitting more putts in that 5-15' range, he'll continue to win and will start seriously contending in majors.

I felt bad for Ben An - he really shat the bed on the back 9. I don't think he's won on our tour yet, but he's another young gun on the rise.

Tiger forced to withdraw from his next two scheduled starts due to back spasms, on the advice of his doctor.

In retrospect, making one's return in chilly, damp San Diego probably wasn't the greatest idea.

That course they're playing in Kuala Lumpur has kind of a cool look to it. And Pebble is always great to watch. Aside from the majors, my 3 favorite tour stops are Torrey, Pebble and Riviera.

In retrospect, making one's return in chilly, damp San Diego probably wasn't the greatest idea.

That course they're playing in Kuala Lumpur has kind of a cool look to it. And Pebble is always great to watch. Aside from the majors, my 3 favorite tour stops are Torrey, Pebble and Riviera.

Sounds like you need to move to California

Yeah, I like Harding Park and Olympic too. I like Sehalee as well and 1 of the few who liked the moonscape at Chambers Bay (other than the greens that were no longer living). It's a combination of seaside courses and the different type of trees that we don't have on the east coast. But all of that shite is too rich for my blood, I guess other than Harding Park.

Watching some of that strange match-play format in Perth this a.m. Louis couldn't hit a putt. But who the heck is this Thai kid Khongwatmai? He's like 18, isn't big but hits it a mile and is onto the final. Kinda like the look of the Aussi courses that have been on TV the last few years.

Edited to add Khongwatmai is only 17, is on the Asian tour, qualified for the Open last year and was the youngest winner of a tour event at age 14. Kid has game.

Last edited:
What are the opinions on Bryson?

He's starting to get some public heat from other players on tour now after this latest WD (on a sponsors exemption).

Riviera is a cool course. Too bad there wasn't more excitement. DJ was a machine.

So cool to see such authenticity from an athlete. The fact that he was capable of winning at Congressional, given the significance to him/his father, is truly amazing. Would definitely recommend the read.

Very touching read. The father seems like a tough but fair guy. Hard to think that there were not some clues to understand what followed. I did not know about this story but have a soft spot for Hurley now. Sad.

Back