• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2-53 (solution?) (post Dook)

So does that make Wake the land of broken brains where people pay twice as much as the would in Chapel Hill for the same rated education? Some flowers bloom later in the season than others and maybe my grades weren't all that in the junior year of high school and I took a racially biased SAT, but I went to the best school for me in North Carolina in stead of some yankee infested ivory tower in a forgotten mill town. And now I'm killing it in my post graduate life. And i have something to look forward to with my sports teams.

I honestly believe you.....It's shocking how much I pay my lawn crew each month. I think its because they're required to walk around and pick up my dog's shit. You should start picking up your clients' dogs' shit - Its a nice upsell opportunity for ya

Does the Big 10 (or whatever) want to kick Northwestern out? Does the SEC want to kick Vandy out? The fact is we are a well-respected institution and the ACC is lucky, and glad, to have us. Fans only look at basketball and football but conferences look at the bigger picture. We add academic prestige to the conference - something the ACC regularly focuses on in advertising, etc. We have many very successful athletic programs across the board - some more consistently than others. I would guess that we have more total national championships than half the schools in the ACC.
We have a small fanbase and a small football stadium and will likely never be consistently "good" in football. We have had some success and have the most recent ACC championship and major bowl of any ACC school in NC.
We have some tradition in basketball and have had decades of real success, including 4 ACC tournament championships, and a total of 10 trips to the ACC tourney final. That is more titles and more trips to the finals than any other ACC school not located in NC. You don't have to tell me that all that success seems like ancient history right now - but it is still relevant to our position within the conference.

I just think this is a subject that is never mentioned anywhere but a fan board like this...
Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

If anyone can me how to update this thread title to 2-47 (sadly), I will do it.

2 - 49 :slash:

For fuck sake we are terrible. Are we approaching historical levels of losing?

I'll always support the Deacs, but this is mind numbing. Winning less than 4% of conference road games. It is the Curse of the Nut Punch, followed by an administrative Nut Punch that has us here. All that being said, I like our freshmen and love that two of them are big men and will grow into grown ass men in the next few years. Still proud to be a Deac, but tired of losing.

This is what a new coach is supposed to look like after he clears out the detrighteous like Keshawn Woods. Tough start for Coach Price, but now the team looks like they know what they're doing as opposed to you know who.

Mark-Price

It is a modest turnaround so far. The 49ers are 6-6 in Conference USA and 10-15 overall. But they have won six of their last eight games and scored more than 100 in their last two. And Price, who starts three freshmen, has started to breathe life into a program that disintegrated into irrelevance in the Alan Major (disappointment) era.

Major “mutually agreed” with the 49ers that it was time for him to leave on Selection Sunday 2015. The timing of that announcement served to underscore the fact that the 49ers have not made the NCAA tournament field since 2005.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sp...ott-fowler/article60714021.html#storylink=cpy

Hmm. Might be a candidate for a step up to the big leagues if Manning doesn't work out.

Might as well go ahead and make that 2-53 as our only chance left this season for a road ACC win is at Cameron. Imagine what we would have to overcome to win that game. 1- we suck and will probably get blown out, 2- if we do play lights out and it's close coming down the stretch, can you imagine how bad our guys would choke in that environment, and 3- if it would be close and we aren't choking it away, the refs would take it away from us anyway. Yeah, I'd go ahead and just change that to 2-53, don't think you'd be making an ass out of anybody assuming that one.

So does that make Wake the land of broken brains where people pay twice as much as the would in Chapel Hill for the same rated education? Some flowers bloom later in the season than others and maybe my grades weren't all that in the junior year of high school and I took a racially biased SAT, but I went to the best school for me in North Carolina in stead of some yankee infested ivory tower in a forgotten mill town. And now I'm killing it in my post graduate life. And i have something to look forward to with my sports teams.

Congratulations. You have overcome your fourth tier education. If you can't get into ASU or UNCW, you go to UNCC.

Has GoNiners been outed on the parody thread? I have my $ on a prolific poster from the city in incline.

Hmm. Might be a candidate for a step up to the big leagues if Manning doesn't work out.

Have you seen Brian Gregory's "coaching"? He's [name redacted] levels of suck. There's a very good chance that is Price is any good at all at UNCC that his alma mater is going to be on the phone.

Back