• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2-53 (solution?) (post Dook)

Surely you jest.

Sincerely,

attachment.php

Careful hat you wish for!

$65,000 a year for what? This?

Quite the bargain y'all have set up for yourselves there in Smalltown, NC.

Someone can't handle the truth. I could die tomorrow and that's the truth, but he truth of the Weak Florist University AD is not going away even if I die so put down your pitchforks.

Does the Big 10 (or whatever) want to kick Northwestern out? Does the SEC want to kick Vandy out? The fact is we are a well-respected institution and the ACC is lucky, and glad, to have us. Fans only look at basketball and football but conferences look at the bigger picture. We add academic prestige to the conference - something the ACC regularly focuses on in advertising, etc. We have many very successful athletic programs across the board - some more consistently than others. I would guess that we have more total national championships than half the schools in the ACC.
We have a small fanbase and a small football stadium and will likely never be consistently "good" in football. We have had some success and have the most recent ACC championship and major bowl of any ACC school in NC.
We have some tradition in basketball and have had decades of real success, including 4 ACC tournament championships, and a total of 10 trips to the ACC tourney final. That is more titles and more trips to the finals than any other ACC school not located in NC. You don't have to tell me that all that success seems like ancient history right now - but it is still relevant to our position within the conference.

I just think this is a subject that is never mentioned anywhere but a fan board like this...

Is that what the conference was thinking about when it added Louisville?

You're seriously deluded.

Well that post was mostly in jest. The fact of the matter is that the addition of Louisville to the conference has nothing to do with Wake's position in the conference.
I stand behind my earlier point that we are an important and integral part of the conference, despite our recent woes in the revenue sports, for many reasons and that there is no danger of us being asked to leave...

Well that post was mostly in jest. The fact of the matter is that the addition of Louisville to the conference has nothing to do with Wake's position in the conference.
I stand behind my earlier point that we are an important and integral part of the conference, despite our recent woes in the revenue sports, for many reasons and that there is no danger of us being asked to leave...

I agree, conferences like to have a few whipping boys for their marquee teams.

Someone can't handle the truth. I could die tomorrow and that's the truth, but he truth of the Weak Florist University AD is not going away even if I die so put down your pitchforks.

Seriously, why are you even on this board if your goal is to tear down Wake Forest? Last time I checked, UNCC was like the land of broken toys where most of the general population was those who couldn't get into UNC or Wake and the engineering students being the ones who couldn't get into NCSU.

Seriously, why are you even on this board if your goal is to tear down Wake Forest? Last time I checked, UNCC was like the land of broken toys where most of the general population was those who couldn't get into UNC or Wake and the engineering students being the ones who couldn't get into NCSU.

So does that make Wake the land of broken brains where people pay twice as much as the would in Chapel Hill for the same rated education? Some flowers bloom later in the season than others and maybe my grades weren't all that in the junior year of high school and I took a racially biased SAT, but I went to the best school for me in North Carolina in stead of some yankee infested ivory tower in a forgotten mill town. And now I'm killing it in my post graduate life. And i have something to look forward to with my sports teams.

Solution to 2-46 is either sign 2 MCD AA's or back to back top 15 recruiting classes. Basketball is a much quicker fix than football.

He's a parody.....Right? This whole time I thought this was moonzz. Maybe I missed something somewhere down the line.

So does that make Wake the land of broken brains where people pay twice as much as the would in Chapel Hill for the same rated education? Some flowers bloom later in the season than others and maybe my grades weren't all that in the junior year of high school and I took a racially biased SAT, but I went to the best school for me in North Carolina in stead of some yankee infested ivory tower in a forgotten mill town. And now I'm killing it in my post graduate life. And i have something to look forward to with my sports teams.

This dude is trollin'

Simple solution for all of our woes is to get some players that can shoot the dam ball, hopefully being addressed with next year's class.

:golfclap:

Back