• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

General Election Thread: Two Weeks Out

First off, don't be a dick. That article might be a little sensational but I know several people who struggle to talk to their kids about this election due to the diahrrea that comes from trumps mouth daily. Nothing a parent loves more than having to explain why one of our presidential candidates mocks those with disabilities or belittles women about their size.

Secondly, you should look in the mirror when calling others disconnected.

Bob can't stop, won't stop, can't help it.

First off, don't be a dick. That article might be a little sensational but I know several people who struggle to talk to their kids about this election due to the diahrrea that comes from trumps mouth daily. Nothing a parent loves more than having to explain why one of our presidential candidates mocks those with disabilities or belittles women about their size.

Secondly, you should look in the mirror when calling others disconnected.

Well, I'd say that we will know more about that after we see the results of the election.

Those of you who were rolling on the floor laughing about what an ass-kicking this election was going to be have already shown how disconnected you were....even if Hillary can eke out a narrow win with the help of all the money, entrenched powers, huge demographic advantages & MSM constantly feeding people all these doomsday predictions if Trump should win.

Triggered sign-stealing Trump hater gets stumped.
igKjbC.png

Well, I'd say that we will know more about that after we see the results of the election.

Those of you who were rolling on the floor laughing about what an ass-kicking this election was going to be have already shown how disconnected you were....even if Hillary can eke out a narrow win with the help of all the money, entrenched powers, huge demographic advantages & MSM constantly feeding people all these doomsday predictions if Trump should win.

That's fair regarding those talking a landslide. Unless I was drunk with joy one night during trumps post convention meltdown, I have said all along this election could be relatively close and neither side should get too excited about polling numbers. Especially when we still have a month and a half to go.

Thought I would post this latest article from Pennsylvania to cheer up Hillary's supporters:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...and-you/ar-BBwCLvG?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

"Clinton’s poll numbers are sagging, and the biggest reason is that she’s plunging among young voters. A Quinnipiac University poll this month found that in a four-way race, Clinton is up 5 points nationally with 18- to 34-year-old voters, down from a 24-point lead just a month before.
Just days ahead of the first debate Monday and less than two months before voting ends, interviews with more than 30 young voters in the battleground state of Pennsylvania underscore her two challenges: Many young voters are taking serious looks at Donald Trump as well as Libertarian Gary Johnson and the Green Party’s Jill Stein. And many are debating whether they even want to vote this year."

Trump uses his private plane to game the system and drive of Secret Service costs.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-luxury-jet_us_57e6bc0ee4b08d73b8319f15

The bombastic businessman has often bragged about the comforts of his ride, with its full bedroom, shower and 24-karat gold-plated bathroom fixtures. But because it seats so few passengers, Trump’s Secret Service agents appear to make up more than half of the plane’s flight manifests. And that means taxpayers are now legally required to pick up the majority of its staggering running costs.
Over the first three months of this year, after Trump asked for and received Secret Service protection, the agency’s payments to his campaign accounted for 48 percent of the $1.7 million that it paid Tag Air Inc., the candidate’s company that operates the aging jet.
Over June, July and August, as Trump became the GOP nominee and his security detail grew, the agency’s payments to the campaign made up 78 percent of the $1.3 million that it paid to Tag Air, according to The Huffington Post’s review of Federal Election Commission filings.
Politico, which first reported these payments, put the total the Secret Service paid to the Trump campaign at $1.6 million. But a closer look at campaign finance filings shows that the U.S. Secret Service covered more than $2.3 million of the $3.8 million Trump’s campaign has paid Tag Air in 2016.
That figure is on pace to top $3 million by Election Day on Nov. 8 – a total that would be nearly double what taxpayers spent to fly Secret Service agents around with 2012 GOP nominee Mitt Romney.
The difference: Romney did what every other non-incumbent presidential candidate has done in recent history and chartered an airliner on which staff, Secret Service and the traveling press corps all flew together, thereby driving down the cost for everyone.
“It’s eye-opening, I guess,” said Bob Biersack, who spent three decades at the FEC before joining the nonpartisan Center for Responsive Politics. “Part of the Trump phenomenon.”

Lol....amazing.

Did you read the whole thing? He flies back to NYC to sleep in his own bed every night.

Is there some conflict with spending taxpayer money to stay in Trump owned hotels? Or is he just an old who likes routine?

There has to be some conflict in a lot of the way he has handled campaign finances, from this to housing his staff offices in Trump Tower and jacking the rent up.

Lol I think my boss's plane is nicer than Trump's. No gold faucets though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

CNN has Trump +1 in Colorado, Clinton +1 in PA
Bloomberg has Trump +2 nationally
LA Times has Trump +4 nationally

Clinton needs to hit it out of the park in this debate and I expect she will. Trump has put in no prep time, he's just gonna try to wing it.

The only thing about the debate is that Lester Holt doing what your breitbart article says he might do is not good. You need Hillary to fact check him and not the moderator or it will just be brushed off as media bias. Additionally people are lemmings and so whatever the overwhelming media says they will eat up, which means they shouldn't hold trump to trump standards where it's a tie/win if he doesn't have a complete meltdown. It should be the same standard any other presidential candidate would be held to, and all past candidates as well. That means debate based on facts and ability to relay real policy etc... Somehow I doubt that happens since it hasn't really happened yet, but who really knows.

I'm somewhat convinced myself Trump is going to win based off of millennials being millennials, the presence of Gary Johnson, and the uncrossable divide of two party politics.

Ironic that Trump and Sanders are two peas in a pod when it comes to gouging taxpayers for Secret Service protection.

Back