• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016-17 Wake Forest Basketball Season

If we get these minutes, it will show our team has done well:

PG- Crawford 25, Brandon 15
SG- Woods 30, Crawford 5, Wilbekin 5
SF- Arians 28, Wash 6, Greg 6
PF- JC 20, Dinos 20
C- Moore 27, JC 10, Sam 3

We need to have a short bench.

You forget that DM loves Van Horn. Need to find 15 minutes a game for him.

PF- JC 20, Dinos 20

No. For a number of reasons, but since Manning likes to rotate 8-10 players, unrealistic

PG - Crawford 30, Brandon 10
SG - Woods 25, Wilbekin 15
SF - McClinton 15, Arians 20, Wash 5
PF - Dinos 20, JC 15, Mitchell 5
C - JC 10, Moore 20, Sam 10

No. For a number of reasons, but since Manning likes to rotate 8-10 players, unrealistic

Whatever else happenes, Washington and Mitchell will not average anything near 5 a game. Maybe 2.

There is almost no chance that Moore gets 25-30 MPG in my opinion unless if he has drastically improved his conditioning and/or proclivity for fouls.

oh shit

That rotation has 12 wins written all over it.

There is almost no chance that Moore gets 25-30 MPG in my opinion unless if he has drastically improved his conditioning and/or proclivity for fouls.

Right. When Devin was out Moore and Collins basically split at 20 minutes each for 2 games, and that was the most minutes either has ever played in regulation. 25 is likely the ceiling for both next year in any single game, with Moore probably closer to 20.

I'll be really interested to see what Manning does between Wilbekin and Childress. I'm guessing they're going to be just about interchangeable, but Brandon has the higher ceiling and Wilbekin has to evoke some loyalty and he played a ton last year. But we really can't put them on the floor together due to their size. Part of me wonders if Wilbekin and McClinton get starting positions at the beginning of the season due to seniority, but lose them by ACC play... And who knows, Brandon may struggle to start with against ACC talent.

On the opposite side of the spectrum Dinos had a bunch of 30+ minute games and Manning loves stretch 4's. He'll average over 20 - I'd expect him and Crawford to lead the team in minutes by a long shot.

Collins has really filled out and is a legit 6.10 this season. If he can stay out of foul trouble, he will put up big numbers.

Even if this is the case, still no way he averages over 25 a game. Here's the MPG leaders among ACC centers last year:
1. Devin Thomas 30.8
2. Marshall Plumlee 30.6
3. Tonye Jekiri 29.0
4. Dennis Clifford 27.5
5. Charles Mitchell 25.0
6. Chinanu Onuaku 24.6
7. Beejay Anya 23.4
8. Landry Nnoko 22.3

Given that Moore's 7'2 and the motor he plays with, I think it's more likely he plays around 20 mpg. Also, Manning has made it clear that Arians will see some time at the 4. I see the most likely scenario as this:

4. Dinos 25, Collins 10, Arians 5-10
5. Moore 20, Collins 15, SJM 0-5

Although when Collins and Dinos play together, you may see Dinos guarding the opposing team's 5, but playing the stretch 4 on O.

Right. When Devin was out Moore and Collins basically split at 20 minutes each for 2 games, and that was the most minutes either has ever played in regulation. 25 is likely the ceiling for both next year in any single game, with Moore probably closer to 20.

I'll be really interested to see what Manning does between Wilbekin and Childress. I'm guessing they're going to be just about interchangeable, but Brandon has the higher ceiling and Wilbekin has to evoke some loyalty and he played a ton last year. But we really can't put them on the floor together due to their size. Part of me wonders if Wilbekin and McClinton get starting positions at the beginning of the season due to seniority, but lose them by ACC play... And who knows, Brandon may struggle to start with against ACC talent.

On the opposite side of the spectrum Dinos had a bunch of 30+ minute games and Manning loves stretch 4's. He'll average over 20 - I'd expect him and Crawford to lead the team in minutes by a long shot.

I don't think Chill and Wilbekin are interchangeable in the least. Wilbekin has one skill - outside shooting. Chill is a floor general, can penetrate, and can shoot. Wilbekin is a short, outside shooting SG. Chill is a true PG.

PF- JC 20, Dinos 20

Whenever Crawford is on the floor, he'll be the primary ball handler. He may guard some 2's when he's playing with Childress/Wilbekin but will run the point whenever hes out there.

His conditioning will be much better this year. Doofus, you know one of the main reasons linemen get redshirted is to put on weight and get used to playing with it. It's the same thing for basketball. Doral added 30-40 pounds from last summer to the beginning of the season. There's no way on Earth he could have built up the stamina to play with his new body. I'm kind of surprised he didn't get hurt last year. What he did was really, really tough.

I think being in better shape will have him cut down on fouls. Another factor was he was a freshman who was trying too hard to get PT. Danny should sit down and tell him that he's our center, just play and don't look over your shoulder.

It may take until January for Doral to get it. Remember, he hasn't played much in two years.

His physical talents and desire are off the charts. The question is will he harness them.

Whenever Crawford is on the floor, he'll be the primary ball handler. He may guard some 2's when he's playing with Childress/Wilbekin but will run the point whenever hes out there.

I think Crawford is a good spot up shooter. Having Brandon drive an dish will keep Crawford on the court for more mpg and allow to have two players who can run the break on the court together.

His conditioning will be much better this year. Doofus, you know one of the main reasons linemen get redshirted is to put on weight and get used to playing with it. It's the same thing for basketball. Doral added 30-40 pounds from last summer to the beginning of the season. There's no way on Earth he could have built up the stamina to play with his new body. I'm kind of surprised he didn't get hurt last year. What he did was really, really tough.

I think being in better shape will have him cut down on fouls. Another factor was he was a freshman who was trying too hard to get PT. Danny should sit down and tell him that he's our center, just play and don't look over your shoulder.

It may take until January for Doral to get it. Remember, he hasn't played much in two years.

His physical talents and desire are off the charts. The question is will he harness them.

There is really a wealth of information here.

I don't think Chill and Wilbekin are interchangeable in the least. Wilbekin has one skill - outside shooting. Chill is a floor general, can penetrate, and can shoot. Wilbekin is a short, outside shooting SG. Chill is a true PG.

Wilbekin really hasn't shown himself to be an effective 2 guard. He's not a particularly good shooter from outside, he's undersized for the position, struggles to defend and put up a lot of empty stat games last year. He's a solid ball handler and doesn't turn the ball over much. Brandon is a true point guard with a better looking stroke than Wilbekin, but it may take him a while to find his game in the ACC.

Neither are good subs at the 2 spot. Both might be decent subs as primary ball handler... where we have our strongest player. Assuming Woods is solid you've got 80 minutes for 4 players. If Woods and Crawford eat 50 of those minutes, the remainder will be an interesting split.

Wilbekin really hasn't shown himself to be an effective 2 guard. He's not a particularly good shooter from outside, he's undersized for the position, struggles to defend and put up a lot of empty stat games last year. He's a solid ball handler and doesn't turn the ball over much. Brandon is a true point guard with a better looking stroke than Wilbekin, but it may take him a while to find his game in the ACC.

Neither are good subs at the 2 spot. Both might be decent subs as primary ball handler... where we have our strongest player. Assuming Woods is solid you've got 80 minutes for 4 players. If Woods and Crawford eat 50 of those minutes, the remainder will be an interesting split.

Bryant played 31.7 mpg last season. I'd be surprised if he plays much less this year. If Keyshawn is as good as he looks, he should play 26-30 mpg. I think there will only be 20-22 mpg at the guard positions for subs. I think most of those go to Brandon with him playing next to Bryant for a few mpg.

Crawford wilbekin/Childress and woods will probably play together some when JC and Dinos are in the game together and Arians is out. I would be surprised if Washington averages over a minute per game his freshman year, he just doesn't have a college body yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We would win several more games than yours.

I love the heart and bball IQ of Mitchell Wilbekin. If he had Crab's body. That player would be an All-American. Sadly, Mitchell is too small and too slow to be a SG in the ACC. If he playes 15 mpg at SG, we will lose games we should have won. Well, unless Bryant, JC and Doral become Damon Lillard, Anthony Davis and Karl Anthony Towns.

I would not be shocked to see Mitchell become an excellent coach.

Back