• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016-17 Wake Forest Basketball Season

Last year, I was impressed by our team chemistry early in the season. We played so e excellent basketball. As discussed often, this was lost upon the return of CMM. The key in my opinion is whether we can rekindle that chemistry and, more importantly, sustain it. I believe we can surprise a lot of people, myself included!

That's really cool.

The NC flag looks out of place, though, but helps with symmetry.

This is as close to a preseason thread as there was... Fun to go back and read people's expectations given hindsight is 20/20.

At least it gives me an idea of who to listen to going forward... Or more importantly, who is full of shit.

No. For a number of reasons, but since Manning likes to rotate 8-10 players, unrealistic

PG - Crawford 30, Brandon 10
SG - Woods 25, Wilbekin 15
SF - McClinton 15, Arians 20, Wash 5
PF - Dinos 20, JC 15, Mitchell 5
C - JC 10, Moore 20, Sam 10

LOL

ah yeah, i forgot mcclinton was le bone's BOI in the preseason. maybe he still is.

We are not going to be good. The fact that you are hoping that Wilbekin and McClinton will miraculously turn into ACC-level players in your fantasy of us winning 18-19 games is proof positive of that point.

ETA- rim protection is great. But defending the 3pt line is just as important, and we don't have anybody who is particularly good at guarding in space.

Double LOL

Although I will say I wasn't off on the defensive side of things. Just didn't count on the offense being as potent as it was.

Last edited:
ACC Preseason KP Rankings

1. Duke
5. North Carolina
7. Virginia
9. Louisville
12. Syracuse
23. Clemson
24. Miami
36. NC State
39. Virginia Tech
40. Florida State
50. Notre Dame
51. Pittsburgh
76. Wake Forest
107. Georgia Tech
154. Boston College

A lot of teams ranked too high, imo.

This list was pretty wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Wash is more of a 2/3 and Mitchell is more of a 3/4.

Matt Norlander at CBS ranked every team in CBB. http://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...-sports-1-351-college-basketball-rankings/101.

101. Wake Forest

Will Danny Manning figure it out this season? Bryant Crawford is getting real looks from NBA scouts, but the ACC is so loaded that Wake has almost no chance of breaking through the top eight teams in the league. This was an 11-20 group last season that still has to grow into its clothing, if you will.

CBS did not nail it.

There are some great takes in this thread.

I don't think Mitchell is going to average 9 and 13 pts per game the next two years but around 7 or 8 would be fantastic off the bench. I also expect him to win a game or two w late 3s. He is going to have better looks w better shooters on the court w him.

This was a good take. Wilbekin shot 40% from 3 this year, averaged 7 ppg off the bench, and hit some big shots late in a few wins.

His conditioning will be much better this year. Doofus, you know one of the main reasons linemen get redshirted is to put on weight and get used to playing with it. It's the same thing for basketball. Doral added 30-40 pounds from last summer to the beginning of the season. There's no way on Earth he could have built up the stamina to play with his new body. I'm kind of surprised he didn't get hurt last year. What he did was really, really tough.

I think being in better shape will have him cut down on fouls. Another factor was he was a freshman who was trying too hard to get PT. Danny should sit down and tell him that he's our center, just play and don't look over your shoulder.

It may take until January for Doral to get it. Remember, he hasn't played much in two years.

His physical talents and desire are off the charts. The question is will he harness them.

I heart this post.

I mean, we all probably overestimated the impact Doral Moore would have on our team this year, but wow this is awful.

Back