• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016-17 Wake Forest Basketball Season

Well we are playing a Division II NCCAA team that has an enrollment of like 150.

We will learn nothing from the game tomorrow at all.

Eager to see how we fare against the REAL opponents in RADFORD next week.

95% sure he's poking fun at Maryland secret scrimmage and seeming lack of interest in the game tomorrow.

This is correct.

There was more excitement for the rando exhibitions a few months ago than the real exhibition.

Isn't Josh the coach? It's a favor to a Deac.

That is the only explanation. And, it's a big favor.

BTW, I think Josh has collected a group of guys who may not have a shot at college otherwise. There is more going on here than basketball.

As good a guy as he is, Josh has some baggage and he gets to be the #1 guy. Hopefully, it'll be short stop at Piedmont.

Perhaps he just wants to be a local coach and teach these kids instead of all the hassles that come with recruiting year around at a D1 or D2 school. Not everyone has the same goals, especially with the money he has already made in his career.

Perhaps he just wants to be a local coach and teach these kids instead of all the hassles that come with recruiting year around at a D1 or D2 school. Not everyone has the same goals, especially with the money he has already made in his career.

Very good point. At a school like that, he can recruit locally and just find kids he really wants to mentor.

After tonight's game, I wish Josh all the best. He is a great Deacon and is a good dude

In Howard's interview a few month's back he said that this game was already scheduled before he became head coach. Not sure if we are doing it as a favor to Piedmont International, but this is a pretty big step down from most exhibition teams that we have payed in the past. They had open tryouts for the team.

In Howard's interview a few month's back he said that this game was already scheduled before he became head coach. Not sure if we are doing it as a favor to Piedmont International, but this is a pretty big step down from most exhibition teams that we have payed in the past. They had open tryouts for the team.

That is a big surprise. I really can't imagine any reason for playing them other than to do a favor to Josh!

Could easily be a 100 pt. win. Not sure that would be a "favor". But nothing else makes sense.

Last edited:
Pretty sweet pic, I'll give them that. Who's the assistant? Looks familiar.

Last edited:
Judging by this photo from Piedmont's website, they seem to have 20 players on their roster (none taller than Josh who was listed at 6'7" as a pro). However, there is no actual roster on the site. I guess we'll find out tonight.

Mens-Basketball-Team.jpg

I love Josh's jacket. He is a professor now, just needs some elbow patches.

Josh looks different. Is it the goatee? Just normal aging? He actually looks very impressive, but I would not have guessed that was him if I wasn't told.

Back