• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The official LOL Harry Giles thread

Would anybody advise Giles to go back? This year at Duke killed his stock and Bolden's as well. Even Tatum I think was a consensus top 3 with Giles before the season.

Well, it is like home.

Chase Jeter just announced he's transferring from Duke. It's just comical why a big man would pick Duke

When Giles chose Duke, I was REALLY not looking forward to this basketball season because I thought all of the Duke hype (and success) would be too much for me to take.

It was really painful to lose Giles to Duke after months (years?) of "vibes" that built up the hope that a local kid could resurrect the Wake Forest program.

I was concerned Giles would have an amazing, historically great season and it would be an ongoing reminder of his decision to spurn the Demon Deacons.

Instead, the future I was so worried about turned into a present that was strangely tolerable... And maybe even a little enjoyable given Wake had a decent season and Duke largely underachieved (Giles definitely did).

Point being:
Wake Forest is in a better position now than a year ago
Giles had about as quiet a season as was possible
Duke is still Duke... On to the next group of 1 and done 5 star recruits

I don't care about Harry Giles and don't have to think about him ever again.

Giles declared for the draft today.

Jeff Goodman @GoodmanESPN
NBA executives have Giles all over the place. Some feel he could still go middle of first, most feel he will go late first, some say they won't take him in first. Two torn ACL's, another knee surgery prior to season.

Well, looks like ole Harry is going to the nba. It'll be fun to see him play in Greensboro next year

You do realize if Harry falls to the end of the first round that the Spurs will take him and he'll have a miraculous recovery.

Impressive week for Duke bigs - Sean Obi and Jeter announce they are leaving and now this

Impressive week for Duke bigs - Sean Obi and Jeter announce they are leaving and now this

Coach K cleaning house. Now he can bring in 3 or 4 more 5 star PF/Cs and hope that at least one doesn't need any sort of developing, so he can play right away.

It would be interesting to see how many hours Harry took first semester and was signed up to take second semester.

Harry's problem is that if he does stay at Dook, he could very possibly have another bad season, whether due to injury or not, and then he'll definitely fall out of the 1st round. If he stays in Durham, he better have a really great year. And at this point, I don't have a lot of confidence he will. He better go now.

Back