• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sources are saying State will fire Gott at end of year.

I know that you are talking more about my Yow/MD takes but please give me something concrete to show that Yow hasn't improved the athletics at NCSU since she's taken over?

And now lets look at the NCSU Directors Cup standing since she was hired:

Fall 2016: 7th
2015-16: 32nd
2014-15: 27th
2013-14: 41st
2012-13: 34th
2011-12: 37th
2010-11: 67th
2009-10: 89th

Football has been as average as we have ever been (but going to be good in 2017 it looks like) and Basketball is a mess (still 4 tourneys and 2 sweet 16s the last 6 years).

thanks for stopping by

The only people who care about Directors Cup standings are athletic directors.

Yow's basketball coaching search was a joke, and she hardly struck gold in football.

Directors cup and facilities are the same bullshit that people like rafi point at to shill for Wellman. Two things and only two things matter, football and basketball (men's).

Yow got her first choice in Football and the program is leaps and bounds in better shape than it was under TOB. Don't think any NCSU fan could argue we aren't in a better spot for football. But whatever. At this point it doesn't matter what everyone thinks about the upcoming basketball coaching search as long as Yow lands a good coach. That's all that matters. We will see what happens.

Doeren has elevated the recruiting, but the on-field results don't really seem to have changed much, if at all.

What's the point of getting better players if the results are the same?

IMO it's a slow process in Football. You guys have seen that with recovering from Grobe slacking in recruiting. TOB had 2 of the 3 best talents in NCSU history at QB while he was there and that covered a lot up. DD had to build out of a similar hole talent wise that you guys had with the mess TOB left him and it's not a quick process. I think he's got us on an upward trajectory and this season has a chance to be his breakthrough season. Wake fans know as well as NCSU fans that their are no short cuts in the ACC Atlantic in football.

Part of The disdain with gott is that he talked up the talent on this team and called DSJ, Dorn, and Henderson the rescue squad and then we get this shit. TOB did the same thing in his final season pointing to that as the year he had been building to. Then he went 6-6 in the regular season. That's where a decent amount of the vitriol and anger that NCSU fans comes from. But we will see with Football next year and how the coaching search goes in BBall.

The ACC -- and the Atlantic in particular -- has certainly gotten stronger since Doeren arrived. I will give you that.

If State's kicker makes an easy FG @ Clemson he is viewed in an entirely different light. Especially by State fans first and foremost

The ACC -- and the Atlantic in particular -- has certainly gotten stronger since Doeren arrived. I will give you that.

If State's kicker makes an easy FG @ Clemson he is viewed in an entirely different light. Especially by State fans first and foremost

I (and hopefully the none monkey board NCSU fans) realize that. But at some point Dorean has to win games. His best wins to date were the last two games of last season @UNC and the bowl game where we crushed Vandy. He needs to pick a win up over a legit good team at some point and given everything coming back it should be next year if Dorean is any kind of coach that's going to get the job done at NCSU. Other than no big wins he fits the NCSU community and every other check box I could ask for in a coach.

The losses to ECU and BC were a lot more than the kicker and would have made the season look a lot different even with blowing the FSU and Clemson games. DD has been an amateur hour coach

So Gott is going to continue coaching but won't return next year? I didn't think they could botch this even more.

So Gott is going to continue coaching but won't return next year? I didn't think they could botch this even more.
hopefully he offers some rondale watsons on his way out the door

Gott fired according to ESPN. No word on who will coach the rest of the season.

DID WE JUST SIGN RONDALE WATSON?!!??!

Do it, Gott!

Back