• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2017-Regional Champs! On to Supers!

This is excellent news. Wake needs coaches who really do believe that it is possible to win championships at WF and stick around to see it happen. Every coach says that but it is apparent that not every coach actually believes it.

Wake seems to be good at losing in the playoffs to the eventual NC. I think I can remember 3 times in hoops, and now one in baseball. There may be more.

Congrats to UFla. We really needed to win game 1 in Gainesville. I had a real bad feeling, at its conclusion, that we would never get that game back.

Most teams that play the eventual NC in the playoffs lose.

Completely missed that UF won the national championship. Haven't seen any mention in the news or on Facebook from my Gator friends. Nothing.

They've won national championships in football, men's basketball, and baseball since I moved here and the last two barely mattered.

Completely missed that UF won the national championship. Haven't seen any mention in the news or on Facebook from my Gator friends. Nothing.

They've won national championships in football, men's basketball, and baseball since I moved here and the last two barely mattered.

Why are you leaving out:

Men's Track & Field 2010 NCAA Indoor Championship
Women's Swimming & Diving 2010 NCAA Championship
Men's Indoor Track & Field 2011 NCAA Indoor Championship
Women's Tennis 2011 NCAA Championship
Men's Indoor Track & Field 2012 NCAA Indoor Championship
Women's Tennis 2012 NCAA Championship
Men's Outdoor Track & Field 2012 NCAA Outdoor Championship
Gymnastics 2013 NCAA Championship
Men's Outdoor Track & Field 2013 NCAA Outdoor Championship
Gymnastics 2014 NCAA Championship
Softball 2014 NCAA Championship
Gymnastics 2015 NCAA Championship
Softball 2015 NCAA Championship
Men's Outdoor Track & Field 2016 NCAA Championship
Women's Tennis 2017 NCAA Championship
Men's Outdoor Track & Field 2017 NCAA Championship

They've won national championships in football, men's basketball, and baseball since I moved here and the last two barely mattered.[/QUOTE

They are the first SEC school to win all 3.

Why are you leaving out:

Men's Track & Field 2010 NCAA Indoor Championship
Women's Swimming & Diving 2010 NCAA Championship
Men's Indoor Track & Field 2011 NCAA Indoor Championship
Women's Tennis 2011 NCAA Championship
Men's Indoor Track & Field 2012 NCAA Indoor Championship
Women's Tennis 2012 NCAA Championship
Men's Outdoor Track & Field 2012 NCAA Outdoor Championship
Gymnastics 2013 NCAA Championship
Men's Outdoor Track & Field 2013 NCAA Outdoor Championship
Gymnastics 2014 NCAA Championship
Softball 2014 NCAA Championship
Gymnastics 2015 NCAA Championship
Softball 2015 NCAA Championship
Men's Outdoor Track & Field 2016 NCAA Championship
Women's Tennis 2017 NCAA Championship
Men's Outdoor Track & Field 2017 NCAA Championship

Damn. Must be nice.

Wake seems to be good at losing in the playoffs to the eventual NC. I think I can remember 3 times in hoops, and now one in baseball. There may be more.

Congrats to UFla. We really needed to win game 1 in Gainesville. I had a real bad feeling, at its conclusion, that we would never get that game back.

Well let's put it this way: We could've lost to Bethune-Cookman if some had had their wishes granted.

Any truth that SC AD Ray Tanner may have approached Walter through back channels? Would this have prompted the extension or was that coming regardless?

Any truth that SC AD Ray Tanner may have approached Walter through back channels? Would this have prompted the extension or was that coming regardless?

Walter was definitely on their list. They just made a decent hire today although SC fans seem to be very pissed they didn't get a huge name.

Florida's pitching was so much better than any other team in the nation. How do they sign so many superior pitchers? Does their staff major in developing talent for the major leagues? What's the draw?

Not really true. OSU had better pitching top to bottom. Uf rode faedo singer Dyson and the closer

Florida's pitching was so much better than any other team in the nation. How do they sign so many superior pitchers? Does their staff major in developing talent for the major leagues? What's the draw?

They are in one of if not the largest amateur baseball markets in the country. It's no surprise that Florida, F$U, Miami, South Florida, Central Florida, Florida Gulf Coast, and a few more are heavily competitive in college baseball and all regularly make the NCAA's. Kevin O'Sullivan and Mike Martin (F$U coach) probably never have to leave the state to recruit.

During the Wake game they mentioned that Wake has players from 18 or so different states. Florida has 3 states.

Back