• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2017/18 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Just to add to that - here's last seasons goal totals:

Tottenham - 86
Chelsea - 85
Man. City - 80
Liverpool - 78
Arsenal - 77
United - 54

United has to find 25 more goals, minimum. And it's not like that was a one off problem ... 15/16 United scored 49 goals. In 14/15 it was 62. In 13/14 it was 64. The reality is that the attackers currently at the club don't score goals, and haven't scored them in the past either. It's the worst attack of the top 6, and by a pretty substantial margin. Replacing Ibrahimovic with Lukaku improves it a little bit maybe, but United needs a lot more than a little bit. They need a massive improvement, and I just don't see where it's magically going to come from.

It's a title contending team in every area but the attack. They just won't score enough goals to keep up. I'll give them, generously, 70 goals this season. That gets them 3rd/4th with a stingy defense, but no higher.

Manchester United have scored 15% of the goals they scored last season in 2 matches.

If you give me odds, sure. I think 4-1 is fair.

Nah just straight up. Come onnnnn. 21 is coming, right?

Also Sadio Mane with one the classic "run to the manager, get turned away, grab a water bottle" celebration we all know and love.

No thanks. Somebody would have to be very foolish to take 1 club out of 20 straight up in a bet just 2 games into the season.

I'll go straight up if I can take both Manchester clubs tho. The title will be in Manchester come May.

Or I'll give you 10/1 odds if you take Liverpool to win the league.

ChichariGOL with 2 for 10 man West Ham as they come from 2 down to draw level with Soton

After 2 League games:

Lukaku: 3 goals
Mkhitaryan: 4 assists
Pogba: 2 goals, 2 assists
Martial: 2 goals, 1 assist

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!?

DHmF1MOWAAADWw0.jpg
Not a bit

Back