• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2017/18 Premier League Thread (NWT)

vadimivich: "I have a horrible feeling about today. First home match at Wembley, the crowd will be nervy and you just know that a wounded Chelsea team is going to be fired up out of their minds to play Spurs. Under Pochettino this has easily been the most explosive fixture on the calendar every season (weirdly, the Arsenal matches have been far less emotionally charged).

2-1 Chelsea, with some ludicrous goal from a guy who never ever scores (see: Matic last season in the FA Cup)"

good call

Last edited:
I feel like Spurs looked pretty good all match and had some great chances, were consistently finding the open guy, but just couldn't get it done. That, and every other pass was backward. Thought it sounded good at Wembley, but that likely won't continue against Burnley and Newcastle.

Also, FUCK CHELSEA.

Who one here supports them? I feel like every other team has supporters but can't recall any Chelsea fans at the moment.

always seems like newcastle should be better than they are.

To be fair, we were missing several starters including our most important midfielder. But it's clear Ashley needs to add some players to strengthen the squad or we're going to be battling all season to avoid relegation. Again.

Not EPL related but MLS. Found out recently that Seyi Adekoya is going to be my ASSISTANT COACH at the school I coach at this upcoming spring.

Gonna be real interesting dynamic when I try to say some wise coaching shit, and he's just like "Yeah Schmetzer thinks the exact opposite of that."

The Ev is playing a 5-3-2 at the Etihad. Holgate is playing at RWB. Bus parked.

Hit up the soccer pub in DT Raleigh since this will be the last Monday match I can watch and I'm the only person here. Still it's a good excuse to get out of the house.

Rooney looks more lively than he has for MUFC for like 30 months.

Davies booked for diving but there was diving

Trying to initiate contact (what Davies did) is not the same as diving. Ref got it wrong for me.

We are getting jobbed by this fucking cunt of a ref

Otamendi sits on DCL three times, no call. Davies is clipped go to ground. Yellow card for simulation.

Back