• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Are Clawson and Ed Hardin right? Wake Football needs ASU series?

Interesting and I agree with their sentiment. I loved the ECU series, a few years back when we played A&T, BB&T was electric and it was the talk of the triad for a few weeks leading up to the game. Give me those games over the Utah States any day of the week.

If we build our program up to the level of Clemson, FSU, etc; then we can start scheduling the big boys.

Interesting and I agree with their sentiment. I loved the ECU series, a few years back when we played A&T, BB&T was electric and it was the talk of the triad for a few weeks leading up to the game. Give me those games over the Utah States any day of the week.

If we build our program up to the level of Clemson, FSU, etc; then we can start scheduling the big boys.

I went to an A&T game a while back and their band was AWESOME.

They're wrong. This is fucking stupid.

Why are they wrong?

I'm pretty excited for this game. We can schedule teams that we can lose to like Utah State or ULM, or we can schedule teams that we can lose to like App State.

The latter provides fans with a great chance to travel and see their team play, while also bantering with co-workers, former high school classmates, etc.

I love the mentality of playing anybody anywhere.

People just like to complain about everything. When we schedule too easy people bitch, when we schedule too hard people bitch.

Just play games that fans like to see that we also have a good chance of winning---this is one of those games, and I also believe we have a good amount to gain on the recruiting trail if we go to Boone and take care of business.

Why are they wrong?

I'm pretty excited for this game. We can schedule teams that we can lose to like Utah State or ULM, or we can schedule teams that we can lose to like App State.

The latter provides fans with a great chance to travel and see their team play, while also bantering with co-workers, former high school classmates, etc.

People just like to complain about everything. When we schedule too easy people bitch, when we schedule too hard people bitch.

Just play games that fans like to see that we also have a good chance of winning---this is one of those games, and I also believe we have a good amount to gain on the recruiting trail if we go to Boone and take care of business.

I didn't even read the article because I already know they're wrong. The possibility of losing to App, as a renegade FBS team, ultimately hurts our standing, and that of every other NC ACC team in regards to recruiting and pecking order.

I don't work with anyone who went to App State or know anyone professionally who went there. Nor did I go to high school with anyone who went there. And the same can be said for most Wake students and grads.

I didn't even read the article because I already know they're wrong. The possibility of losing to App, as a renegade FBS team, ultimately hurts our standing, and that of every other NC ACC team in regards to recruiting and pecking order.

I don't work with anyone who went to App State or know anyone professionally who went there. Nor did I go to high school with anyone who went there. And the same can be said for most Wake students and grads.

Some of us grew up in NC and still live here. We know tons of ASU grads. What percentage of WFU's student body is from NC? Back in the day, it was 35%.

Wake Forest giving the App Football program any oxygen whatsoever is against our best interests.

Some of us grew up in NC and still live here. We know tons of ASU grads. What percentage of WFU's student body is from NC? Back in the day, it was 35%.

I've lived here for 30 years and know two App State grads and one of them went to HS with my wife or I wouldn't know her. The other one I met a year ago.

Wake's student body from NC is about half of what it was "Back in the day."

Why are they wrong?

When you say this, I'm reminded how much you like to complain about people complaining.

I don't know any App state grads because 1. I don't live in North Carolina 2. More importantly don't really associate with people that essentially didn't go to college.

Thank you Ed Hardin and Dave Clawson; my sentiments exactly. Grobe was right to drop it when ASU was in FCS, but the time is right to amp it up again. The novelty of this being the first year and in Boone has a lot to do with it, but regardless of ESPN tie-ins, this game and not Duke/UNC or FSU/NCSU is the one getting the most buzz this week between Murphy and Manteo. I'm just glad were getting first dibs going up the mountain before the' Holes do so in 2022.

Now that Appy State is an FBS program with a solid reputation, I can see the wisdom in playing them from time to time. I would prefer not traveling to Boone to play them though. I wouldn't mind seeing ECU back on the schedule either.

I don't believe we should ever schedule an FCS school. Those games do not make us better and they are a waste of time. We're better off having an intrasquad scrimmage that Saturday. I'm certainly not showing up in person to watch us beat Presby or Elon 70-0 and definitely not on a Thursday night.

Now that Appy State is an FBS program with a solid reputation, I can see the wisdom in playing them from time to time. I would prefer not traveling to Boone to play them though. I wouldn't mind seeing ECU back on the schedule either.

I don't believe we should ever schedule an FCS school. Those games do not make us better and they are a waste of time. We're better off having an intrasquad scrimmage that Saturday. I'm certainly not showing up in person to watch us beat Presby or Elon 70-0 and definitely not on a Thursday night.

It's fine if you don't come, but it's a definite win on our schedule.

And since when has App State had a good reputation ?

I like this game. It's by far more intriguing than the other non-conference games on our schedule. If we don't win, we aren't as good as we'd like to think we are. I feel good about it though.

I'd love to be playing the other small, private, high academic schools that we've had series with in the past like Vandy, Stanford, Northwestern, etc. Those are the games that will distinguish our brand too.

Back