• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Killing - new show on AMC

Say Hey Deac

Reaction score
New show debuts tonight on AMC with back-to-back episodes beginning at 9 pm. It's a 13-episode murder mystery set in Seattle. Early reviews have been positive. I'll be giving it a shot, as AMC has earned my trust at this point.

Here are a couple of reviews:

http://www.bostonherald.com/entertainment/television/reviews/view.bg?articleid=1327957&srvc=home&position=also

http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/4611986-452/amc-is-dead-on-with-the-killing.html

Thanks for the tip

Why is the tv quality so bad? Watching it on AMCHD but oviously not HD.

Starting off a bit slow...

That was pretty damn good. Already more interesting than Rubicon ever was. I'm hooked.

In Seattle. No AMC in the hotel.

FAIL.

One of AMC's strengths in their original programming is the unique nature of the stories. There's nothing else like Mad Men or Breaking Bad on TV right now.

I'm wary of this show, however, because there are dozens of other shows about missing persons, etc.

Did you watch it last night? I don't watch Law & Order or CSI or any of those network procedurals, but I'm pretty confident The Killing has a substantially different tone and quality. It's spending 13 hours investigating a murder mystery, where the procedurals handle the same thing in 1.

At this point you just need to trust AMC. Their shows are good. Same for FX.

nothing like a typical crime scene procedural. Hooked after 2 eps, normally dont like female leads or females as cops, but the lead actress does a good to great job

I like it enough. Definitely not a CSI/L&O show at all. I like the idea that it's a standalone plot for the season, so we will have everything wrapped up in the final episode, a la Sherlock Holmes stories.

Any guesses on the killer?

I'm going with the way too involved teacher or the campaign ho.

Thought it was good. We added it to our Record Series roster. If I had to guess a killer at this point, it would be the councilman's male campaign head. Too obvious though.

nothing like a typical crime scene procedural. Hooked after 2 eps, normally dont like female leads or females as cops, but the lead actress does a good to great job

Every hour is going to chronicle one day in the investigation...I like that idea.

But I have to say I hate the lead actress.....she furrows her brow and looks out of the side of her eyes wayyyyyy too much...

So annoying.

Plus her BF is a cylon....not cool.

Wow....the lead actress rubbing that guy's mask on the computer screen was the corniest thing ever....so forced.

I'm loving this show so far. It's like an extended Law & Order with character development almost reminiscent of The Wire (sorry if that's blasphemous).

I can't wait to see how it's not going to be over next episode... if I didn't know there were nine more, I'd be sure that Jasper and Chris did it.

And Slim- the boyfriend is Lou Ashby from Californication, isn't he?

Wow....the lead actress rubbing that guy's mask on the computer screen was the corniest thing ever....so forced.

Yeah, I lol'ed at that. So bad. That's my only problem with this show, that at times, it has incorporated some really lame scenes or tired stereotypes.

On the other hand, there's some great acting by the parents. The mom holding herself under the water of the bath to seemingly see what it would have felt like for Rosie, was a great scene.

There's a good darkness to the show and it's compelling enough to keep watching, but man, I do wish they would get rid of a bit of the corniness.

Not feeling her personal story yet. Hasn't really added anything IMO.

Like that her partner is a little shady. He's gotten info twice by smoking pot with teens. Hopefully it is fake like he said, since he gave some to the girl.

Love the parents also. The dad is straddling the edge of being strong for his family, and wanting to kill whatever guy is responsible. The mom is fantastic, and I remember liking he in something else too, but after looking at her IMDB page, I am still drawing a blank on how I know her.

Like that her partner is a little shady. He's gotten info twice by smoking pot with teens. Hopefully it is fake like he said, since he gave some to the girl.

Love the parents also. The dad is straddling the edge of being strong for his family, and wanting to kill whatever guy is responsible. The mom is fantastic, and I remember liking he in something else too, but after looking at her IMDB page, I am still drawing a blank on how I know her.

She was great in the awesome movie 'Swimming With Sharks' which starred Kevin Spacey a sleazebag, foulmouthed Hollywood producer.

I recognized her from Battlestar Galactica, Prison Break, and LOST.

And I agree about the parents....great actors and spot on acting.....the Dad is amazing and is my favorite character.

Back