• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Killing - new show on AMC

Anyone watch this week? Seems more likely that the teacher and his wife did it (more specifically the wife killed her and the teacher covered it up).

So who is the guy in the car that the guy cop keeps meeting with?

Also, I didn't realize til reading something today that the guy at the funeral was Jasper's dad (I thought it was a mob guy). What do you think happened between Jasper's dad and the aunt? Something certainly set her off!

Anyone watch this week? Seems more likely that the teacher and his wife did it (more specifically the wife killed her and the teacher covered it up).

Although, just read a good question. How would they be carrying Rosie wrapped up in a sheet to the car when in the first scenes of the series she's shown running through the woods away from someone?

So who is the guy in the car that the guy cop keeps meeting with? AA or NA sponsor?Also, I didn't realize til reading something today that the guy at the funeral was Jasper's dad (I thought it was a mob guy). What do you think happened between Jasper's dad and the aunt? Something certainly set her off! Yeah, that was weird. She seemed to hold everything together for the family, then she snapped.

Loved the ending of the recent ep. A lot of tension in that car. No way the teacher gets in the car if he is remotely involved IMO.

the guy in the car meeting with the guy cop was the same guy who gave the cop the bag full of money that then cop then gave to his presumed estranged family. the guy in the car also was the one who told the guy cop that the murder victim's dad had a history of working for the mafia: "dead guys don't press charges"

Read some guesses about an NA or AA sponsor, but also some thoughts that it's FBI, DEA, etc. Might make more sense if it's someone in law enforcement since they were talking about the case. Still not sure about the whole money thing.

Was thinking the guy was NA/AA sponsor, but also law enforcement. Thought at the beginning of that scene, the young cop was talking about how tough it was to do the right thing (stay clean). Could be totally off on that though.

the scene where the dad drives up to the police scene with the wife hanging on the other end of the phone in the first episode was so very well done

i watched it again and the dad played that part so incredibly when hes being held back by the police/asking if it was his daughter

I actually thought that was a little over the top, but I really like the show. Wouldn't you say, "Ill call you back" and hang up?

Finally caught up. Lady - the wife and I were trying to figure out who that was that gave the aunt the cold shoulder - good call.

Rosie's dad's employee is in on it somehow. What was with the aunt telling him he wasn't part of the family? And why would the teacher leave the wake without his cellphone? Especially considering his wife is very prego.

Finally caught up. Lady - the wife and I were trying to figure out who that was that gave the aunt the cold shoulder - good call.

Rosie's dad's employee is in on it somehow. What was with the aunt telling him he wasn't part of the family? And why would the teacher leave the wake without his cellphone? Especially considering his wife is very prego.

Agreed on this. He's too random a character to keep showing up in scenes constantly while still trying to keep him under the radar. It's the departed-strategy with the mole. Keep them showing up, throw in a few lines/tiny roles each week that seem inconsequential, then when he's revealed as the killer it's a shocker but not someone we'd never seen or heard from before.

My theory: he found out about Rosie and the teacher's involvement, tried to get involved to stop it to protect his friend/boss, ended up killing her then trying to cover it up.

Great episode. No way it was the teacher or his wife- both too obvious.

I'm confused by a lot of things right now, but mainly what the hell is going on with her sister and who the guy in the car was.

I still agree the dad's employee did it.

Just to help out discussion, here are characters real names:

Lady detective - Sarah Linden...aka SARAH (LINDEN by Holder, maybe other cops)
Guy detective - Stephen Holder....aka HOLDER
Rosie's mom - Mitch Larson....aka MITCH (thought it was Midge)
Rosie's dad - Stanley Larson....aka STANLEY
Rosie's dad's employee - Belko Royce....aka ?
Mitch's sister/Kids' aunt - Terry Marek....aka TERRY
Linden's son - JACK
Linden's fiance - RICK
Teacher - Bennet Ahmen....aka BENNET

A couple of thoughts....

A) What kinda crazy bitch goes up to someone she's had some sort of affair with, at her niece's funeral, and acts all happy and greets her "lover" enthusiastically when he is with his wife/girlfriend and giving his condolences to the parents of the deceased?....the sister (TERRY) is a nutjob.

B) Why the hell did Jasper's friend get so upset at Jasper for the cops finding out that he was at the party....and why did he go off on him, if when he saw that the cops brought him in because of the video, he laughed at them?

Obviously there's something else that happened at the party that Jasper/Jasper's friend shouldn't have been doing.

I don't know whether you'd consider this a spoiler or not, so I'm putting it in white below. It's something I read on the IMDB message boards about who the killer is in the original/Danish version of the show:

Belko (Stan/Rosie's Dad's employee) is apparently the killer in the original, but they've said he's not in the one?

A couple of thoughts....

A) What kinda crazy bitch goes up to someone she's had some sort of affair with, at her niece's funeral, and acts all happy and greets her "lover" enthusiastically when he is with his wife/girlfriend and giving his condolences to the parents of the deceased?....the sister (TERRY) is a nutjob.

B) Why the hell did Jasper's friend get so upset at Jasper for the cops finding out that he was at the party....and why did he go off on him, if when he saw that the cops brought him in because of the video, he laughed at them?

Obviously there's something else that happened at the party that Jasper/Jasper's friend shouldn't have been doing.

Both good questions. The first one especially. Terry seemed to be holding it together so well for the family, but that was just dumb.

- Are they going to delve more into Linden's previous case that they keep alluding to?

This show is really starting to bore me. After a promising start, I'm sort of ready for it to end.

Yep, it's not good right now at all. A pretty bad past few episodes. They went back to the horrible format of "cliffhanger at the end, then all is cleared up in the first 5 minutes of the next episode". Looks like it will be the same for the start of next week's episode.

Not good at all. If it weren't for AMC loyalty, I'd be out.

I'm not as down on it as you guys are, but I was annoyed with the ending this week. So cheap to just have a cliffhanger for the sake of cliffhangers... it's not something really intriguing that leaves you thinking, it's just something that leaves you saying, WTF?

I will say I'm glad they apparently are going to get into Linden's past with being obsessed with cases like this. As I've said, the whole "she keeps putting off her trip to Sonoma, and Lou Ashby is pissed" angle was annoying the hell out of me, and still kind of is, but at least now it looks like it's going somewhere.

The end of last week's was very cheap. I'm convinced Stan's friend did it. It's just a matter of figuring out how. He's the only regular on the show who hasn't be accused.

The parents are acting this thing out of the park. The scene where Stan tried to make a move on his wife was very well done. I imagine that's a tough line to cross again after something like this. The show really has me thinking how I'd react to that as a parent.

The last episode seemed like a filler. Needs to pick back up, but I still like it.

I can't even imagine having to go through this as a father of 2 daughters.

Back