• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Killing - new show on AMC

the scene where the dad drives up to the police scene with the wife hanging on the other end of the phone in the first episode was so very well done

i watched it again and the dad played that part so incredibly when hes being held back by the police/asking if it was his daughter

Just saw last week and watching tonight's. Very good. Hard to believe it took me until the 3rd ep to realize Richmond (Billy Campbell) played Jordan Collier in The 4400, another great show set in Seattle. The multiple angles are fantastic.

The only thing that bothers me is the two suggestions that the lead is hot. Not even close.

Widmore? Awesome.

Good episode. Although it will be annoying if they set up a different potential suspect every week to end the episode. The perp is likely someone who hasn't even been in the show yet.

With respect to the incredible acting job by the parents, I'm pondering the question. If this happened to your kid, how much would you want to know?

Last edited:
how did the dad know she suffered? I thought they knew she was abused but was unconscious when she drowned. Guess not. Solid ep.

^^The photos at the police station made it clear that she tried to get out of the trunk.

Philosophically I'm interested in how the show plays out, but I'm starting to get frustrated at the misdirection. If each episode introduces a new suspect, gives evidence that they committed the crime, then gives evidence to exonerate them, it's going to be a long season.

I recognized her from Battlestar Galactica, Prison Break, and LOST.

And I agree about the parents....great actors and spot on acting.....the Dad is amazing and is my favorite character.

I know the mom best from the 2nd season of True Blood.

I really like it.

Billy Campbell went to my high school. WAHS Warriors represent.

I know the mom best from the 2nd season of True Blood.

The mom is Maryanne (IIRC)? Wow... never would've guessed. I haven't IMDBed her yet.

E: She's also Admiral Cain from Battlestar Galactica. I have such a nerd crush right now.

I can't tell how I feel about it yet. There are things I like, and I'm curious how it will end up (thus, will likely watch to the end since it has a definite end point), but I don't love it yet.

I keep thinking of random things that annoy me (mostly regarding the political story just since I've worked on campaigns). Maybe they said it early on and I missed it, but is this a primary or general election? If it's a general, there's no way a staffer would go to one campaign to the other (D to R or vice versa). That being said, I do like watching the political side too...curious what exactly Gwen has done.

Finally caught up last night and I'm thoroughly enjoying the show. My wife and I are watching it and as parents of 3 girls, it's heart wrenching to watch Rosie's parents. Both are tremendous actors. Really like the lead cop's partner as well.

To answer PhDeacs question - I think I would want to know everything that happened to my child, but I wouldn't share it with my wife because I don't think she would want to know. If she really wanted to know I would tell her, of course.

If each episode introduces a new suspect, gives evidence that they committed the crime, then gives evidence to exonerate them, it's going to be a long season.

I think this is a fair concern that I certainly share. I don't want the show to turn into 24, where they investigate, identify a suspect, chase and eventually locate the suspect, then figure out there's a "bigger fish," rinse, repeat. I am currently giving the showrunners the benefit of the doubt that they will not do that.

I thought last night's episode dragged a bit. The stuff with the Richmond campaign is just not very intriguing to me. I'm sure it will eventually come around to tie in to the murder, but for now it's not working for me. It reminds me of the Katherine Rhumor stuff on Rubicon.

I'm always a day late on this cause we don't end up watching til Monday night.

Agree that last night's wasn't quite as intriguing. I think it's cause there were no real big reveals. We found out the mole in the Richmond campaign, but meh. I did find it interesting that they didn't rule out the teacher as a suspect (since every other ep seemed to rule out the primary person).

one big thing that came from it was that they tossed out the idea that the killer of Rosie was a serial killer.

I think it's the dude that works for the dad. Keeps throwing suspicion on others. Has a weird relationship with the family.

I thought last night's episode dragged a bit. The stuff with the Richmond campaign is just not very intriguing to me. I'm sure it will eventually come around to tie in to the murder, but for now it's not working for me. It reminds me of the Katherine Rhumor stuff on Rubicon.

See I don't mind that stuff, but I've really had enough of the whole "I promise I'm going to quit and move to Sonoma" angle. First of all, how has she not yet just had her boss call the fiance and say "I didn't give her a choice" and second, why can't she and the fiance both just fucking suck it up and accept that she's going to finish the damn case, but she still loves him and will move to Sonoma afterward. Geez.

See I don't mind that stuff, but I've really had enough of the whole "I promise I'm going to quit and move to Sonoma" angle. First of all, how has she not yet just had her boss call the fiance and say "I didn't give her a choice" and second, why can't she and the fiance both just fucking suck it up and accept that she's going to finish the damn case, but she still loves him and will move to Sonoma afterward. Geez.

Ugh. Agree. Obvi her boss is making her work it. Not sure why the fiance can't just be supportive and realize she'll move soon.

Although I suppose what they're really trying to play up is that she had previously gotten too involved in some other case and he is worried it's happening again.

He pissed the bed and threw away the sheets I think. Sure kid. Your mom won't notice you have no sheets.

Back