• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fantrax/CDM Fantasy Sports

I won't touch the basketball analogy because I'm loath to get into the 5 star one and done game on this thread, but I'm still navigating these waters. I'm so used to trying to maximize value of sleepers that I'm not great at loading up on big guns. This league may take me years to figure out.

I think people look at the basic UX/UI of the site and get turned off, but most of the functionality once you've actually joined a league is solid. Wish the app were better, though. It's really only good to track scoring. Setting a roster is a nightmare on it.

I wonder if any of the big boys like Yahoo would ever add a salary cap format. Seems like the format would thrive if given a bigger budget platform.

Name the graduate of Detroit's Northwestern High school who drove in 104 runs for the 1965 Tigers in his first full season and represented the team in that year's MLB All Star Game.

I think people look at the basic UX/UI of the site and get turned off, but most of the functionality once you've actually joined a league is solid. Wish the app were better, though. It's really only good to track scoring. Setting a roster is a nightmare on it.

I wonder if any of the big boys like Yahoo would ever add a salary cap format. Seems like the format would thrive if given a bigger budget platform.

Would love to do a salary league on yahoo with a group of people I know. I agree about the app it pretty much has no use, even scoring details are just better on a phone browser.

Name the graduate of Detroit's Northwestern High school who drove in 104 runs for the 1965 Tigers in his first full season and represented the team in that year's MLB All Star Game.

I was only 5 in 65. I only remember McLain and kaline from the 6o's teams. Don't know if Kaline was there in 65 but will guess him.

Here are the standings thru Sunday, April 27th:

GOLD LEAGUES (6 25-team leagues; 150 teams) ($3000/$1500/$700/$450/$250/$100 league payouts for top 6 teams)

Gold #2: River Bats 11-70
Gold #3: Tigerpride 23-126
Gold #4: Bob Knight Fan 4-18
Gold #5: Punch N Judy 12-58

ROOKIE LEAGUES (7 25-team leagues; 175 teams) ($200/100/60/40 league payouts. $1000/400/200/125/100/75/50/40/30/20 overall top ten)

Rookie #1: Punch N Judy 16-95
Rookie #2: River Pirates 12-67
Rookie #3: Punch N Judy 6-46
Rookie #4: Bob Knight Fan 2-10
Rookie #5: Cloutier 7-64, DemonDeaconz 21-163
Rookie #6: TopHat 10-66, Punch N Judy 11-99, Deacs Forever 21-136

PAYOUTS IF SEASON ENDED THIS WAY:

Bob Knight Fan: $570

Total Winnings: $570

Total Entry Fees: $1,460 ($280 x 4 Gold; $40 x 6 Rookie; $100 x 1 3-Team Rookie Package)

My overall numbers are improving even though my league ranking hasn't changed much. This is a nice jump for just a couple days.

River bats 11-70 now 11-57
River pirates 12-67 now 10-37

Any other Gio Gonzalez owners on here? Am I crazy or was he not originally listed for two starts this week? I'm pissed because he's on my bench.

Decent night for Ventura. Only went 5 innings and got four k's but no runs and a low whip

Any other Gio Gonzalez owners on here? Am I crazy or was he not originally listed for two starts this week? I'm pissed because he's on my bench.

Decent night for Ventura. Only went 5 innings and got four k's but no runs and a low whip

I have Gio. He was originally listed for only one start, but this is how I approach those situations...

1) two start pitchers go in
2) if a pitcher is scheduled on a Monday or Tuesday but not on Saturday/Sunday then I put him in because there is always a chance he will get that second start even though he's not listed for one.
3) one start pitchers with good matchups

I have him and was expecting 2 starts? Is that not happening?

Just wondering if anyone realized that Nolan Arenado is currently on a 19-game hitting streak? I believe that guy is the real deal.

2nd Base & 3rd Base have given me headaches since February....and, somehow, I wound up with two guys at those positions who are ridiculously overpriced: Jason Kipnis (1260K) and David Wright (1250K).

I'm just going to keep Kipnis on the bench for the time being and play Hill & Gordon.....because I can't decide who to relace him with between Dozier & Rendon. (And Hill is beginning to heat up a little bit lately, anyway.) However, I'm going to drop Wright this weekend for Arenado. I now think I would be better off with Arenado over Wright....even if Arenado was the guy who was 1250K and Wright was the guy who was 770K.

I'm also dropping Harper for Kershaw. That will leave me with 8 claims, plus the two late August roster expansions. Since I will now have only 6 outfielders, I will obviously have to add at least one outfielder at some point down the road. Will probably dump my 4th SS (Desmond) at that time. Right now, I would be torn between the cheap Blackmon (600K) and the always intriguing Justin Upton (1190K)....or possibly even Braun, if the money could be found (and he's healthy). Best chance to get Braun would probably be to pair him with the cheap Blackmon as 7th & 8th outfielders....since I would still have a 5th closer and 13th SP (or 4th 1st Baseman) to consider as drops.

It seems that you always have a few more claims in April & May than you will have in June & July....since that is when you are correcting initial roster mistakes. A month to 6 weeks into the season you can begin to get a feel for where you need to go there. Then you have to strike a balance between moving too quickly and waiting too long. You can get hurt with either extreme. Once that is done, things tend to settle down a bit...unless you run into a lot of longer-term injuries.

Things are about to get really interesting on a couple different fronts. Of the 12 teams that started the year with kershaw in my league 6 have dropped him. Some are top players in my league. I wonder what they will do if he gets 2 starts next week? They have made some poor choices already so it has to be a tuff decision not having a chance to see him pitch a game first. Looks like a great opportunity to me since I suspect some of those teams will balk the first week. I'm guessing this same scenario is going on in most leagues.?

I have 3 Rockies already on my team. Cuddyer is eligible to play this Saturday. (doubt he will play this weekend...may pinch hit) I have a similar problem as you bkf with 2b/3b. Fortunately it is more with my backups then starters, though there are players I wish I had instead. As much as I like Blackmon/Arenado the return of Cuddyer really muddies the waters. If he is healthy then he is in the lineup for sure, and toward the top of the order. I think having 5 Rockies is too many. I'm afraid to do anything until batting order and everyday status is decided.

I was only 5 in 65. I only remember McLain and kaline from the 6o's teams. Don't know if Kaline was there in 65 but will guess him.

My pops was born in '60 as well. Al Kaline is his favorite ballplayer.

I'm talking about the teams that started out with him. They dropped him after 2 weeks and now have to decide if they pick him back up just 2 weeks later. I think it is the right thing to do. If they do it, and he happens to relapse then they have really screwed the pooch. I really don't think there will be more than 6 teams to pick him up in my league next week tops.

That is what i am saying, Bud. Teams did this, significant players made this mistake. The leader of my league made this mistake. Petro Playing Fantrax made this mistake! In the last 3 years he was the overall champ in both Fantrax and Diamond Challenge. It is a lot easier decision for us. If I were in their shoes I would hold back that first week. One 2 start week won't kill you. Making 3 mistakes with the same player in the first month of the season would devastate me.

Yes they say he is ready, and I am on board. Yet, you never know with a back injury. I remember when Chipper went on the 15 day dl with a back injury. Got hurt putting on his uniform....if you ever had a back injury you know they can be unpredictable.

My pops was born in '60 as well. Al Kaline is his favorite ballplayer.

Your dad was probably jumping with joy while I was crying my eyes out in 1968. I grew up in Southwest Indiana and the Cardinals had a hold on that area. That was one hell of a WS though I remember very little about it other than the good guys lost/blew it. lol Would love to watch those games as an adult. I bet somebody is showing them somewhere. :)

LOL. I've had lower back problems for years. That's one reason I quit playing golf. Probably came from sleeping in a lazy boy for years. From 1978 thru 2002, I had three female afghan hounds. The last one had the run of the house. Talk about being spoiled. She didn't want me to go to bed. Wanted me to sleep in that lazy boy in the den, so she could lay on a bed on the floor right next to it. If I got up to go to bed, she would come to the end of the hallway near the bedroom and whimper & cry. Helluva note when your dog tells you where you can sleep. :)

Even a female can become the Alpha male. lol I think you let her best you, bkf. It's easy to fall for their trap of making you think they think you can do no wrong. ;) Dogs are great...and they do have the capacity to feel love...I truly believe that to be so.

Your dad was probably jumping with joy while I was crying my eyes out in 1968. I grew up in Southwest Indiana and the Cardinals had a hold on that area. That was one hell of a WS though I remember very little about it other than the good guys lost/blew it. lol Would love to watch those games as an adult. I bet somebody is showing them somewhere. :)

Story about my dad, as an 8 year old, he stayed up late listening to the game on the radio in bed in secret, and when they won, he didn't know what to do. He didn't want to wake his mom (his dad was out watching at the bar), so he quietly ran around the house jumping all over stuff. He had to tell someone, so he called the operator, and told the lady "THE TIGERS WON THE WORLD SERIES!" and hung up.

Back