• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fantrax/CDM Fantasy Sports

That is huge for you...hopefully Trout has a couple more big days!

This is my only chance to make a few bucks back.

1 Northcoast 240.5
2 Meltime 196.5
3 Sactown Kauri 1 189.5
4 Affton Animals 184.5
5 River Pirates 180.5
6 Boats n Hos-mers 173.5

Went to set me lineup Monday at 2, without knowing there was a 1:00 game that day. Needless to say, I lost a ton of points Monday night by not having my pitchers in..... It's been difficult with school to set my lineup routinely and this blunder may have knocked me out of the mini race for first (6th). The top 5 in my league are way ahead and then there are four of us behind them competing for 6th place and on. Oh well, I'll still play again next year. Last year when you guys were good you loved it, now that you're both having rough years you are saying you might be done haha

Another damned save for Melancon. That's 5 in the last 6 days. Don't they ever give that guy a day off?

lol, I think you have argued about why does a pitcher need a day or 2 off when he pitches just 1 inning. It has been a crazy year!

Still a battle for 3rd place.

1 Northcoast 240
2 Meltime 193.5
3 Sactown Kauri 1 186.5
3 Affton Animals 186.5
5 River Pirates 183.5
6 Boats n Hos-mers 178.5

Affton Animals left 7 purchases on the table.

LOL. If you want to talk about something extremely rare, that's it. It is almost unheard of that a guy could be in 3rd place in the last week of the season and still have 7 purchases left.....and almost unbelievable that he still wouldn't use any of them in the last couple of weeks of the season.

We like to say that over an entire season this game is more about skill than luck....and this is true. Luck can play a small part in the outcome, but when everything is considered it should only be a small part. In this guy's situation, though, you have to wonder how much luck has helped him....because there is no reason whatsoever to not use 7 purchases over the entire season. Saving purchases during the year is one thing, but ending the year with 7 still in your pocket makes no sense whatsoever.

It would be interesting to see what this guy's historical fantasy baseball record has been.....particularly considering that he is in the rookie league. You are going to have a different bunch of players in a $40 league, for the most part, than you have in the $280 gold league.

(Good luck in your battle for 3rd. I will be watching to see what happens.)

Actually, 2nd is not out of the question. Point swings are still happening. This league is a really weal one overall. Second place is 45th in the overall.

Northcoast is still in a battle (leads) in his Gold League. If he holds on he will win $4600. Most money possible for a Gold team and 3 Rookies. He pretty much went from wire to wire. He usually hangs around 4th-8th, so this is a career year for him.

Corey Seager

He finally is taking Rollins spot in the Dodger lineup. (should have been there all year imo) He will be one of my SS next year unless Fantrax jacks up his price.

He finally is taking Rollins spot in the Dodger lineup. (should have been there all year imo) He will be one of my SS next year unless Fantrax jacks up his price.

Tyler Glasnow is another player on my very short list for next year. He is a lanky pitcher for Pittsburgh who I thought would be called up this year. Since it didn't happen he should be at a low price next year.

Still closing, but I think I'm going to come up just a little bit short:

2. UNDERDOG4 7453.70
3. Blast 7445.00
4. Bob Knight Fan 7434.00

ETA: Well, 47 years ago at this time (7 PM) I was getting married....October 4th, 1968.

Happy anniversary!

Well I won a total of 40 bucks with my 4 teams. Guess my thinking I was too good for the rookie league came back to bite me in the ass. lol It has been a strange year. A very disappointing year. I am not the only player who thinks they are a good player that struggled. At the same time, I have seen some good players make the right adjustments to get back in the money. My hat is off to them. However, I never bailed out, never gave up on my team/s. Always supported the guys on this board. Great job to those who never gave up. Looking forward to next year.

Happy anniversary!

Well I won a total of 40 bucks with my 4 teams. Guess my thinking I was too good for the rookie league came back to bite me in the ass. lol It has been a strange year. A very disappointing year. I am not the only player who thinks they are a good player that struggled. At the same time, I have seen some good players make the right adjustments to get back in the money. My hat is off to them. However, I never bailed out, never gave up on my team/s. Always supported the guys on this board. Great job to those who never gave up. Looking forward to next year.

good post. I kind of faded at the end of the year, but I was very invested during the summer. School kind of took me out of the groove. Will definitely be playing next year. I've learned more about baseball the past two years than I have anything in life lol. Thanks for showing me the ropes, guys and look forward to playing again next season with you.

Now, it's playoff time. GO CUBBIES

good post. I kind of faded at the end of the year, but I was very invested during the summer. School kind of took me out of the groove. Will definitely be playing next year. I've learned more about baseball the past two years than I have anything in life lol. Thanks for showing me the ropes, guys and look forward to playing again next season with you.

Now, it's playoff time. GO CUBBIES

I was wrong about the Cubs but I am rooting for them too!

Also, you are right where playing FB teaches you a lot about baseball.

BKF

Looks like he has checked out and deleted his post from this thread/forum. Can anyone tell me what happened? I have no affiliation with Wake and zero reason to hang around if the FB board is dead. Would just like to know what happened and say my goodbyes is all.

Jeff Samardzija

Big contact for a guy who I think was a bust last year at age 31. ERA around 5 and a whip about 1.30. Still, I like the move to the NL and to a great pitcher's park. If Fantrax looks at his stats instead of his contract he should fall below a mil next year. I like him with the Giants at no more than 900k.

I have mentioned this guy before (Tyler Glasnow) is a pitcher for the Pirates who is a guy to keep an eye on. If a spot opens up he could be picked up on the cheap. 6'7" lefty who probably would have came up for most teams last year.

CDM's 2016 Diamond Challenge player salaries are out. Nothing from Fantrax yet.

(For some reason, CDM isn't doing an NFL playoff game this year. I had thought about getting entering a team...just so I would have a reason to watch the games, since I have no interest at all in who wins the Super Bowl. I emailed them and they said they were not doing a playoff competition this year. Kind of surprising, actually.)

Last edited:
CDM's 2016 Diamond Challenge player salaries are out. Nothing from Fantrax yet.

(For some reason, CDM isn't doing an NFL playoff game this year. I had thought about getting entering a team...just so I would have a reason to watch the games, since I have no interest at all in who wins the Super Bowl. I emailed them and they said they were not doing a playoff competition this year. Kind of surprising, actually.)

Fantrax has put their salaries out...just showing a rookie league (so far) as far as roto. I haven't made up my mind about what if anything I plan to play this year.

I'm a little disappointed that Glasnow is listed at 650k this year. Thought I could get him at 500k or less and he still has to make opening day roster. There is several pitchers that really jumped up from last year. I think these are the most dependable ones in the million dollar range.

Cueto, Johnny - SF SP,P 1080
Gray, Sonny - OAK SP,P 1070
Wainwright, Adam - STL SP,P 1150
Archer, Chris SP,P 1060 - TB SP,P
Darvish, Yu - TEX SP,P 1000

We're going to have to make some decisions before much longer on what we are going to do this year. The 3-team discount package deadline for the Rookie (Roto) game and the Bronze (Points) game is February 16th. Those are Fantrax' low-cost games (Rookie $40/$100 for 3 teams & Bronze $30/$80 for 3 teams). I imagine that the details on the high-dollar games (Gold/Roto & Silver/Points) will be up soon.

The first decision is whether we're going to play roto again or switch to the points game. I've played both, though much more Roto than Points over the years....but to tell you the truth, I'd kind of like to move over to the points game. However, I'll stay with Roto if that's what everybody else wants to do. The one thing I would say is that I don't advise trying to play both at the same time. I've done it and it just doesn't work very well. You can't effectively use the same players in the different games because the roster rules limit the number of pitchers you can have in the Points game (and you don't have the swing pitcher option) & the scoring is different, so you have to evaluate your players differently. For example, you get points for walks & extra points for extra base hits in the Points game, so a player's slugging percentage and on-base percentage is more important than batting average. And in pitching, you don't use ERA or WHIP, so there is not that problem of staying away from SPs in hitters' ballparks. Only strikeouts, innings pitched, wins & saves score points.

As far as prizes go, I like the set-up for the Bronze Points game better in the cheaper league than the one for the Rookie Roto league.....though we've always said that it's not about the money, anyway, when you consider the amount of time that we spend doing this. Anyway, the Bronze only pays $150 to the league winner....but the overall winner gets $3,000 & it pays 50 places. The Rookie Roto league winner gets $200 (both pay 4 places)...but the overall winner only gets $1,000 & it only pays 10 places.

The high-dollar leagues will probably be about like in the past....no overall competition with the Gold Roto costing & paying more than the Silver Points league. Seems like the Gold league cost $280 last year and the Silver Points league cost $200. Payouts were comparable to cost.

I went entirely overboard with my teams last year. Think I ended up with 7 or 8 of them, counting mid-season. Not doing that this year. I may even skip the high-dollar leagues and just get the 3-team package from whichever game we decide to play. That would be a total cost of $100 for Roto or $80 for Points. If I did anything else it would be just to get one of the high-dollar teams. So if we decided on the Points game, that would probably be a total of $280 for 4 teams.

There has been a lot of player movement, so we have a lot of work to do.....and we are already getting a late start. I entered my first two teams on January 14th last year.

I talked about wanting to try the points game. (probably will one day) I'm just not going to have the time this year to take on a new game. I have even considered not playing at all this year. I am considering taking a new position at work. Along with doing some remodeling to my house it will be a busier year than usual for me. Hope to do some of the work myself other than the plumbing and electrical part. Of course I am just 1 person so you all need to decide what you want to do.

I talked about wanting to try the points game. (probably will one day) I'm just not going to have the time this year to take on a new game. I have even considered not playing at all this year. I am considering taking a new position at work. Along with doing some remodeling to my house it will be a busier year than usual for me. Hope to do some of the work myself other than the plumbing and electrical part. Of course I am just 1 person so you all need to decide what you want to do.

I don't know how many...if any...other guys we will have. We've probably had 7 or 8 other players in the last 3 years since we moved the Fantrax thread over here on 3/11/2013.....but they come & go. I think only DiegoTiger has played the points game, other than me. When I moved the thread here, I really thought there would be many more guys interested....particularly since there was such an inexpensive option. $30 or $40 total cost for 6 months of entertainment and the possibility of winning up to $3,000 seemed like an attractive option to me for guys who were already very interested in sports....and probably already playing fantasy games of some kind, anyway. Oh well, it's like Yogi Berra used to say about poor attendance at games: "If the fans don't want to come, you can't stop them." The thread is here. If anyone wants to play, they know where to find it.

One last thought about the roto/points thing and possibly having time restraints: The points game is really much easier to play than the roto game because it eliminates ERA, WHIP & BA. I think this makes the entire process easier & requires less time. If a person was going to try it for the first time, playing only the Bronze game (counterpart to the Roto Rookie) would let him do it with a much smaller investment ($30 for one team or $80 for three teams)....while still having that shot at a $3,000 overall prize, as well as 50 paying places overall + the league.

You've been doing this for more than 10 years now. Yes, the points games would be an adjustment....but not that much of one for someone who is so familiar with the overall workings of salary-cap fantasy baseball. (We couldn't do worse than we did last year in roto. LOL.)

Back