• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Hope Solo suspended for 6 months for her comments post-Sweden loss

Absurd.

Hope Solo, via USWNT Players Association, will appeal saying they are violating her 1st Amendment rights

More absurd. Has fuck all to do with the 1st Amendment.

Contract with US Soccer also cancelled. She's 35. It's okay if it's the end of the road for her.

In the meantime, Ellis will have no choice but to find a new starter. Alyssa Naeher, 27, who served as Solo’s backup at the Olympics, and Ashlyn Harris, 30, who was on last summer’s World Cup roster, would be the most obvious choices as the team tries to remake itself ahead of its next major international tournament, the 2019 Women’s World Cup in France. Solo will be 38 that summer.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/25/sports/hope-solo-suspended-for-six-months-by-us-soccer.html?_r=0

In the meantime, Ellis will have no choice but to find a new starter. Alyssa Naeher, 27, who served as Solo’s backup at the Olympics, and Ashlyn Harris, 30, who was on last summer’s World Cup roster, would be the most obvious choices as the team tries to remake itself ahead of its next major international tournament, the 2019 Women’s World Cup in France. Solo will be 38 that summer.

Alyssa Naeher and Ashlyn Harris sound like pr0n star names.

Altidore--Wood
Pulisic--Bradley--Nagbe--Bedoya
Johnson--Gonzalez--Cameron--Yedlin
Howard

Altidore
Pulisic--Wood--Nagbe
Bradley--Jones
Johnson--Gonzalez--Cameron--Yedlin
Oldish keeper

If you're predicting Friday's starting XI, I believe Jones is injured and Bradley is suspended.

We squeaked by Antigua & Barbuda in 2012. Let's not take anything for granted

If you're predicting Friday's starting XI, I believe Jones is injured and Bradley is suspended.

I was sharing what I'd like to see, yet what will never happen.

Didn't realize Jones was injured (he was named to the team) and that MB4 was out on suspension.

Back