• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Besler gets a loose ball off a set piece and finishes an easy one. Had a kid this morning too, good day for him.

Wood draws a PK and the whole world knows Klinsi is going to give it to Jozy to troll us, which he does.

I feel like Kljestan has earned himself a start against T&T.

I think it depends what happens between Guatemala and T&T tonight. If we're through I think you see could see Nagbe and Kljestan in the midfield.

Canada takes a lead over Honduras in San Pedro Sula. A Canada win would put them 3 points up in 2nd place heading into the final matchweek. Honduras still to face Mexico.

T&T not looking like they'll do us any favors. Down 1-0 to Honduras, who thus far is the much better side. Would make next Tuesday interesting.

US - 10 +13
Trinidad - 10 +7
Guatemala - 9 +2
Vincy - 0 -22

I continue to jinx teams. Soca Warriors up 2-1 now. US would be qualified for the Hex if this stands.

Fielhaber with a solid Klinsi tweet burn, although I can't figure out to link from phone.

Oh weird?! @SachaKljestan is good?!

Last edited:
Crazy. Guatemala goes down a man in the 83rd and equalizes two minutes later through Ruiz.

We are essentially through right? Guatemala has to make up 12 goal difference?

Yeah we're pretty set. A Guatemala win would have put us in a tougher place, but barring an epic collapse by both us and St. Vincent we're through.

Back