• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Gameday. 8pm on Fox Sports 1 and UniMas. My guess at a lineup. Not what I want, but what I think he'll do. I think he'll refuse to start Pulisic, keep Beckerman to go with Bradley (instead of Nagbe or Kljestan for Beckerman), stick with Zusi for reasons I don't fully get, move Johnson to the other back in place of Yedlin, and go with Birnbaum over Gonzalez. He could try someone else in the back and play Johnson in the mid with Bedoya and drop Zusi, but not giving up goals gets us through. Though if we don't win that's pretty damn disappointing.

Howard
Altidore Wood
Bedoya Beckerman Bradley Zusi
Acosta Birnbaum Cameron Johnson

Gameday. 8pm on Fox Sports 1 and UniMas. My guess at a lineup. Not what I want, but what I think he'll do. I think he'll refuse to start Pulisic, keep Beckerman to go with Bradley (instead of Nagbe or Kljestan for Beckerman), stick with Zusi for reasons I don't fully get, move Johnson to the other back in place of Yedlin, and go with Birnbaum over Gonzalez. He could try someone else in the back and play Johnson in the mid with Bedoya and drop Zusi, but not giving up goals gets us through. Though if we don't win that's pretty damn disappointing.

Howard
Altidore Wood
Bedoya Beckerman Bradley Zusi
Acosta Birnbaum Cameron Johnson

Do yellows reset before the hex? Anyone we need to be worried about losing before the hex due to yellows? I know Yedlin is out today.

I am going to the game tonight. Look for me - I will be wearing blue ... or red ... or maybe both. Let me know if I need to pass on any strategy and/or line-up advice to Klinsmann.

Port headed for WCQ playoffs yet again. Lose 2-0 @ Switz.

Wish we'd seen this instead of Port-Poland in the Euro QFs, though obvs no CR7 today makes a slight difference

Howard; Cameron, Gonzalez, Birnbaum, Johnson; Bedoya, Bradley, Kljestan, Pulisic; Wood, Altidore

CrtLUIMUsAAl_ZG.jpg

Really pleased to see Pulisic and Kljestan starting.

Bit surprised he pushed Cameron out wide given how solid he's been in the middle.

Was going to watch from home but I feel obligated to walk over the bar for the first career start for PuliSICK

PuliSICK! (love it, Brasky, I endorse him getting the HamSICK! moniker) is in the XI

"If they are good enough, they are old enough."
- Sir Matt Busby

I'm at the AO bar which is normally packed to the brim and there are like 15 members here for kickoff.

So yeah not a lot of hype.

Venezuela, who had managed just a single point in their first 7 qualifying matches, is beating first place Argentina 1-0 at halftime. I love CONMEBOL.

Wow, Pulisic off both posts. Nice run and ball from Jozy.

Venezuela up 2-0 now off a Josef Martinez goal.

Guatemala must be playing no defense tonight as they try and score as many goals as possible. 3-2 vs. SVG

Back