• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015-2016 MLB Stove: Talk To Your Congressman About Stopping DH Expansion

Fowler and his agent had two days to refute reports that an agreement was reached pending physical. Darren O'Day and his agent did that exact thing earlier this offseason in basically the exact same situation. Taking it all in, there was an agreement then they decided to add the opt-in/called Theo, then backed out and made a spectacle out of it. Everyone is in damage control, but Close going nutso and the MLBPA not getting involved tells me a lot.

OK, Close is at fault, the O's current GM is covering up for him, Fowler lied when he said a deal was never in place with the O's, Rosenthal can't be trusted when he reports about the O's, the two O's former GMs are wrong when they stated that Angelos routinely tries to rework or nix deals he doesn't like based upon after the fact physicals, but unlike Angelos, Fowler's agent unethically did try to renegotiate a deal with the O's even though the O's GM has publically stated that Fowler always asked for an opt-out and Fowler has stated he never agreed to a deal with the Orioles. Do I have this right now?

#Cubs @DexterFowler on O's saying he wanted opt out: "No, that wasn't the sticking point. That's why it's weird. It's a little murky"
— Carrie Muskat (@CarrieMuskat) February 26, 2016

Red Sox are de-emphasizing analytics. I guess 3 world series in 10 years wasn't good enough. Good luck.

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/boston-red-sox-john-henry-analytics-sabermetrics-theo-epstein-ben-cherington-liverpool-bpl-022516

I think this is majorly overstated. It has more to do with the final decision making process. They still have one of the largest analytics department, they are just considering more information. In light of the crappy decisions made the last few years with regards to players it makes sense, ie Hanley, Sandoval, Masterson, Crawford, Gonzalez, Joe Kelly, Allan Craig, Castillo, Porcello. I think they used to run their projections and decide, now they might weigh personality and scouting information more heavily.

I think I saw that union reps were spotted the morning before AJ announced that

I get the intention, but these celebrations are going to happen one way or another - but whatever, following the tradition of the No Fun League, will assume most teams will end up adopting this at some point - and it will just happen behind the scenes.

I assume this is just cause the Orioles used actual pies instead of the shaving cream used by other teams, but I could be wrong.

I assume this is just cause the Orioles used actual pies instead of the shaving cream used by other teams, but I could be wrong.

They're goddamn delicious too, a local place provided them before every game. I knew they had locations in Baltimore and DC, but didn't know they also had shops in Austin and Detroit.

Dangerously Delicious Pies

Baltimore Bomb :drool:

Salvador Perez is getting a new contract from the Royals. Good on them for deciding to pay the man what he deserves.

In today's episode of "What Will Yoenis Cespedes Drive to Work Today?" Yoesnis rides in on a horse.

Back