• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 Football Coaching Carousel: Southern Miss HC to Tampa Bay

Georgia is a top 10 job at worst and they have a loaded cupboard. To go after Kirby Smart aka Muschamp part II is very dumb.

you don't think smart deserves all the credit for coaching defense under saban, a known offensive mind?

I don't think Muschamp 2.0 is completely fair just because Champ bounced around so much whereas Smart has seen how to effectively run a program but I would be skeptical of picking the guy who has no HC experience and has always had better talent.

What is the deal with Gary Patterson?

Look, I love loyalty to a program. I hope that Clawson builds WF to TCU's current level where WF is in the NC mix on a frequent basis, but TCU's program has always been a stepping stone to bigger jobs. Even now with their success, they have trouble filling their 45K seat stadium, and even though he has performed remarkably, TCU cannot recruit the same kids that the super-power schools can. All of the credit in the world to Patterson if he feels like he has found his niche, and he is not seduced by the additional money and prestige that he could get by going to a traditional power, but that makes him a very rare guy in a business that is built on climbing the ladder until you reach the top. Patterson played at Kansas State; so, he is not a TCU alum or even a Texas native.

Is waiting for a specific job to open? Does have some nasty skeleton in his closet? Is he an awful interview? Any insight as to why he has not moved on and to why does not appear on the short list when major jobs are open?

I'd like to see Georgia jettison their stodgy Vince Dooley/Mark Richt approach to the game and bring in someone like Hermann. They aren't going to out-Alabama Alabama, so do something to shake up the equation. I don't like hearing Smart leads the potential hires because he's nothing dynamic in my opinion. I fear that the establishment crowd will win out in the end though.

What is the deal with Gary Patterson?

Look, I love loyalty to a program. I hope that Clawson builds WF to TCU's current level where WF is in the NC mix on a frequent basis, but TCU's program has always been a stepping stone to bigger jobs. Even now with their success, they have trouble filling their 45K seat stadium, and even though he has performed remarkably, TCU cannot recruit the same kids that the super-power schools can. All of the credit in the world to Patterson if he feels like he has found his niche, and he is not seduced by the additional money and prestige that he could get by going to a traditional power, but that makes him a very rare guy in a business that is built on climbing the ladder until you reach the top. Patterson played at Kansas State; so, he is not a TCU alum or even a Texas native.

Is waiting for a specific job to open? Does have some nasty skeleton in his closet? Is he an awful interview? Any insight as to why he has not moved on and to why does not appear on the short list when major jobs are open?

I think he's comfortable, feels like he can win a national championship there, and knows TCU can / will pay him whatever he wants.

Latest rumor out of Athens is Smart in at HC, Pruitt remaining as DC, and Helton (WKU OC) in at OC. Muschamp to South Carolina.

Latest rumor out of Athens is Smart in at HC, Pruitt remaining as DC, and Helton (WKU OC) in at OC. Muschamp to South Carolina.

It would amaze me that a guy like Muschamp would get another shot that quickly after failing miserably at UF and maybe by a team in the very same conference and division no less.

I hope that UVa brings in a idiot so that we can beat them next year.

I hope that UVa brings in a idiot so that we can beat them next year.

Jeff+[name redacted]+jkXJsp3WPgum.jpg

Oh wait, wrong sport.

That's exactly what i just heard. I also heard that McGarity got his ass reamed by the UGA donor elites similar to Marcellus Wallace in Pulp Fiction.

Tyson Helton is Clay Helton's brother.

USC apprently had a contract out waiting for Smart's signature.

SC is going to have to settle for Muschamp at this juncture. Its not going to be a popular choice in Columbia (especially after the blown gasket Will had this past weekend), but the dude is still fairly young and can recruit his brains out. At Florida it was said that he was not allowed to hire the OC he wanted (not sure if that's true or not), but that won't be the case in Columbia.

If he can find a way to calm down somewhat and get a good OC, this could be a pretty good or as good as can be expected hire for the Gamecocks. One thing is for sure is that they will develop as nasty defense.

If I'm Georgia, Fedora would be on my short list of candidates.

So is UVA apparently. If Richt is really considering both, UVA is the better choice for football (MD is for hoops).

Hard to really see Richt agreeing to come to UVa as they won't give him the number of academic exceptions needed to really battle. Plus I can't see the Hoos paying him what he has been used to getting in the SEC, but strange things are happening this off season so who knows.

Hard to really see Richt agreeing to come to UVa as they won't give him the number of academic exceptions needed to really battle. Plus I can't see the Hoos paying him what he has been used to getting in the SEC, but strange things are happening this off season so who knows.

Lol strange things like people saying no to the cocks.

Back