• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 Football Coaching Carousel: Southern Miss HC to Tampa Bay

Hard to really see Richt agreeing to come to UVa as they won't give him the number of academic exceptions needed to really battle. Plus I can't see the Hoos paying him what he has been used to getting in the SEC, but strange things are happening this off season so who knows.

Regardless of his next job, he will not make as much as he did at UGA. That's what happens when you get fired.

Lol strange things like people saying no to the cocks.

Not so strange. Happens in your bedroom every night !

tumblr_inline_nltz3tCmfd1tr5v0b.gif

The "U" has reportedly interviewed Richt, Dan Mullen, Schiano and get this -- Butch Davis. Wasn't Davis the coach during part of the Nevin Shapiro era? Let's get Luther Campbell back on the sidelines.

Last edited:
The "U" has reportedly interviewed Richt, Dan Mullen, Schiano and get this -- Butch Davis. Wasn't the Davis the coach during part of the Nevin Shapiro era? Let's get Luther Campbell back on the sidelines.

Their boards go nuts for Davis. Don't get it given how mediocre the results at UNC were.

"There is no doubt I do (have one of the best jobs in America)," Fisher told me Tuesday. "This is a tremendous place. The Florida State people have been wonderful. This is a great place to live, a great place to coach; we've got great players, great tradition and great history. This is a tremendous job and a heckuva place. I love it here.

"All those other places (LSU, Georgia, etc.) are great, but this is just as good." -Jimbo

Yeah, not shocking at all.

Their boards go nuts for Davis. Don't get it given how mediocre the results at UNC were.

You don't get it ? He set the table for Coker when they almost won the Nat'l Championship in 2001-02. He also recruited all of the big names who have recently retired like Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Shockey, etc. He's 64 years old though.

You don't get it ? He set the table for Coker when they almost won the Nat'l Championship in 2001-02. He also recruited all of the big names who have recently retired like Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Shockey, etc. He's 64 years old though.

Right, he left 15 years ago and was then very mediocre, despite cheating, at Carolina. And now he's 64 years old and hasn't coached in forever.

Right, he left 15 years ago and was then very mediocre, despite cheating, at Carolina. And now he's 64 years old and hasn't coached in forever.

They'd dig up Schnellenberger and let him coach if the NCAA wouldn't put them on probation for it.

Better than the SC head coach job.

the U needs a real scumbag to being them back to the glory days. richrod perhaps?

The "U" has reportedly interviewed Richt, Dan Mullen, Schiano and get this -- Butch Davis. Wasn't Davis the coach during part of the Nevin Shapiro era? Let's get Luther Campbell back on the sidelines.

Why would Dan Mullen be interested in this job?

"There is no doubt I do (have one of the best jobs in America)," Fisher told me Tuesday. "This is a tremendous place. The Florida State people have been wonderful. This is a great place to live, a great place to coach; we've got great players, great tradition and great history. This is a tremendous job and a heckuva place. I love it here.

"All those other places (LSU, Georgia, etc.) are great, but this is just as good." -Jimbo

Yeah, not shocking at all.

Congrats on keeping Fisher from taking the LSU job that wasn't open!

Congrats on keeping Fisher from taking the LSU job that wasn't open!

Just funny that everybody thought it was such an option for him to go to UGA and LSU when it clearly was never happening for a multitude of reasons.

Back