• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 Maui Invitational: Hudson & Watson to Play in 3rd Place Game v. UCLA 7:30 ESPN2

Total minutes played over the last 2 games:

Crawford 71
Wilbekin 72
Thomas 56
Mitoglou 54
Collins 35
Van Horn 64
McClinton 30
Moore 11

Obviously don't think Crawford and Wilbekin can play 35 again tonight. Rondale is going to have to give us some productive minutes for us to win. The way McClinton has been playing--not sure if we can count on him for anything more than backing up Crab at the 3. Originally, I though Crab could play some 2 while Codi was out, but not sure that's the best thing for us any more. Rondale and TVH can compete for the 20 or so available minutes in the backcourt tonight. We really need Codi back. Also, gonna be nice to have all 3 of our guards be able to play on or off the ball.

Crawford 71
Wilbekin 72
Thomas 56
Mitoglou 54
Collins 35
Van Horn 64
McClinton 30
Moore 11

Obviously don't think Crawford and Wilbekin can play 35 again tonight. Rondale is going to have to give us some productive minutes for us to win. The way McClinton has been playing--not sure if we can count on him for anything more than backing up Crab at the 3. Originally, I though Crab could play some 2 while Codi was out, but not sure that's the best thing for us any more. Rondale and TVH can compete for the 20 or so available minutes in the backcourt tonight. We really need Codi back. Also, gonna be nice to have all 3 of our guards be able to play on or off the ball.

Maybe a little crazy but I wonder if Collins has the lateral quickness to guard at the 3. Definitely not a traditional play, but TVH's minutes are just insanely high. Hopefully the return of the Crab resolves the issue.

May of had a career game but VanHorn played tough. Lost his man badly a couple times but kid should be o.k. for 5-7 minutes going forward. Collins and Crawford are getting an early baptism versus top teams/players and doing fine....hopefully will pay off in ACC games. As expected, Doral ain't at all ready for these type of teams. Maybe next year.

Folks seem to be putting an awful lot of enthusiasm on Hudson's return. Hope they're right. And nobody should expect CMM to return and jump right into top form. He'll understandably be favoring that ankle for awhile and taking several games to get his wind back.

Vandy was huge and basically dwarfed us. UCLA is huge as well. Right from the opening tap last night I saw little of anything I'd describe as a game-plan on offense. Awful lot of standin' around. Only thing that came to mind was shirts and skins in YMCA games. Hopefully that'll change very soon.

Also means only 17 minutes for TVH at the 2. Speaks volumes as for how productive/useful Danny feels GM is as a 3 (TVH 43 minutes, GM 30 minutes). I think GMs minutes will go down as well as TVHs minutes.

Maybe a little crazy but I wonder if Collins has the lateral quickness to guard at the 3. Definitely not a traditional play, but TVH's minutes are just insanely high. Hopefully the return of the Crab resolves the issue.

Really wish Manning would've at least tried it out. Not sure what the downside would be of giving them some run together. Our defense is so bad with TVH/McClinton at the 3, how much worse could it get? Probably would've given us our best chance of getting back in the game when we were down 15 in the second half.

van horn is an easy target but he's really not that bad. i assume hes a better 3 point shooter than he's shown so far too. if he's a true >33% 3PT guy, i kinda like him over gmc.

Last edited:
Also means only 17 minutes for TVH at the 2. Speaks volumes as for how productive/useful Danny feels GM is as a 3 (TVH 43 minutes, GM 30 minutes). I think GMs minutes will go down as well as TVHs minutes.

I was very happy with TVH through the first 5 games. Kid gave it 100% every minute he was on the court and greatly exceeded my expectations. Think we should give him a round of applause--without him, we don't beat Indiana or Bucknell.

Going forward though, don't think we should count on him for anything more than 5 or so spot minutes a game.

I would rather have TVH on the court than McClinton right now. As in, I would rather see almost all of McClintons minutes go to TVH now that Hudson is back. McClinton is a good garbage man on offense, but I have honestly never seen somebody so bad in man to man defense, especially somebody with his length.

Crawford 71
Wilbekin 72
Thomas 56
Mitoglou 54
Collins 35
Van Horn 64
McClinton 30
Moore 11

Pretty confident Crab could handle the 2 as he is a good ball handler, shooter and defensive player. I would imagine he would see action at the 2 over Rondale and TVH.

Pretty confident Crab could handle the 2 as he is a good ball handler, shooter and defensive player. I would imagine he would see action at the 2 over Rondale and TVH.

I know he is capable of playing the 2. What I meant was if Crab plays the 2, then that just gives increased minutes to McClinton, which I don't think is ideal, given his recent play. The question becomes would you rather see Crab at the 2 and McClinton at the 3 or TVH/Rondale at the 2 and Crab at the 3 for the 20 or so minutes when Wilbekin or Crawford sits?

I think we win tonight. Taking third place in this field and going 2-1 would be a huge success. Especially down 2 starters for most of it. Having Crab on the floor changes things in a big way, as there won't be one glaring weak spot the whole time.

All jokes aside, if Rondale can give a strong 5-10 minutes, especially on the defensive end of things it would be very, very helpful.

All jokes aside, if Rondale can give a strong 5-10 minutes, especially on the defensive end of things it would be very, very helpful.

ronDELL Curry is going to do much more than play defense. Guy can stroke it. I bet he has a solid season.

Crawford 71
Wilbekin 72
Thomas 56
Mitoglou 54
Collins 35
Van Horn 64
McClinton 30
Moore 11

Are TVH's minutes correct? Both ESPN and Yahoo Sports list him as having played a full 40 mins last night and that just didn't happen.

Wake Forest dot com lists him as playing 31 mins vs Vandy and 24 against Indiana.

Last edited:
Yeah idk what's going on with his minutes. He subbed in at the under-16. Guessing he played around 30.

That 64 number includes 40 for last night so it's wrong just don't know whose minutes he's taking. I also saw a box score that gave Rondale a rebound last night, so something's clearly off. Maybe Walton was doing the stats.

I'm actually really intrigued with how Rondale plays tonight. I know he's probably not in our rotation once Codi comes back, but interested in how he plays relative to McClinton and TVH. Assuming Wilbekin, Crawford, and Hudson each play 30 tonight, that leaves 30 minutes available for some combination of Rondale, McClinton, and TVH.

We know that Mitch W. Can't play anywhere near those minutes. He has to have fresh legs to have his stroke. He was compete,y ineffective on both ends last night, and that has to be fatigue.

That 64 number includes 40 for last night so it's wrong just don't know whose minutes he's taking. I also saw a box score that gave Rondale a rebound last night, so something's clearly off. Maybe Walton was doing the stats.

I'm actually really intrigued with how Rondale plays tonight. I know he's probably not in our rotation once Codi comes back, but interested in how he plays relative to McClinton and TVH. Assuming Wilbekin, Crawford, and Hudson each play 30 tonight, that leaves 30 minutes available for some combination of Rondale, McClinton, and TVH.

Think McClinton was shown for 8 minutes and I'm sure he had more than that, so I'm guessing it was his minutes.

Back