• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 Maui Invitational: Hudson & Watson to Play in 3rd Place Game v. UCLA 7:30 ESPN2

As expected, Doral ain't at all ready for these type of teams. Maybe next year.

True, but I hope Manning keeps giving him minutes so that the improvement begins this year. He definitely altered a couple of shots on the defensive end in the few minutes he played, and grabbed a few rebounds. He's got tons of potential.

Really hard to know what to expect from Hudson today. A lot of talent, and you know he is aching to make a difference, but most kids in that situation try to do too much in their first game back. By way of example, Crawford played poorly in WF's opener; it took him a couple of games to get comfortable. It may take Hudson a little while to get used to game speed and energy.

Van Horn is going to get minutes all year. Coaches clearly like him, he plays without fear and not sure if it's directly linked to anything that he does, but the team seems to play better when he is in the game. McClinton is in a funk right now.

True, but I hope Manning keeps giving him minutes so that the improvement begins this year. He definitely altered a couple of shots on the defensive end in the few minutes he played, and grabbed a few rebounds. He's got tons of potential.

Yep. Doral has the ability to be a big time rim protector for us.

Really hard to know what to expect from Hudson today. A lot of talent, and you know he is aching to make a difference, but most kids in that situation try to do too much in their first game back. By way of example, Crawford played poorly in WF's opener; it took him a couple of games to get comfortable. It may take Hudson a little while to get used to game speed and energy.

Van Horn is going to get minutes all year. Coaches clearly like him, he plays without fear and not sure if it's directly linked to anything that he does, but the team seems to play better when he is in the game. McClinton is in a funk right now.

Crawford was a true freshmen starting at PG in his first game. Hudson is a sophomore who started almost all games down the stretch last year.

I still expect it to be a slow start for him. Hopefully he gets it going at some point tonight.

Just having him back as a lengthy perimeter defender is very key. If his shot happens to be on, that's a bonus.

I predict Hudson's first attempted 3 will happen before the clock hits 16mins to go in the 1st half.

Agree that just having him on the floor (and adding a person to the rotation) will make the team better.

McClinton had a golden opportunity these 5 games with Hudson out. Unfortuntately he squandered that. Our 3 best available perimeter guys tonight are Crawford, Wilbekin, and Hudson. 30 minutes minimum for all 3. That leaves at most 30 minutes to divide among GMc, TVH, and Rondale. Once CMM is back I hope to see him, Crawford, and Hudson all get 30, 20 for Wilbekin, and the other 3 can fight for the last 10. I would hope GMc would play well enough to earn that but he may not.

McClinton had a golden opportunity these 5 games with Hudson out. Unfortuntately he squandered that. Our 3 best available perimeter guys tonight are Crawford, Wilbekin, and Hudson. 30 minutes minimum for all 3. That leaves at most 30 minutes to divide among GMc, TVH, and Rondale. Once CMM is back I hope to see him, Crawford, and Hudson all get 30, 20 for Wilbekin, and the other 3 can fight for the last 10. I would hope GMc would play well enough to earn that but he may not.

After last night's performance, I can't see Wilbekin getting 30 minutes tonight. He was 0-8 or something like that. Clearly the kid is exhausted. Is fresh Rondale really worse than a completely spent-no-legs-having Wilbekin? If so, yikes.

Last edited:
I predict Hudson's first attempted 3 will happen before the clock hits 16mins to go in the 1st half.

Agree that just having him on the floor (and adding a person to the rotation) will make the team better.

Good. I hope he's shooting.

Would love to win tonight.
I know these teams aren't what they used to be, but to say we beat Indiana and UCLA within 3 days is really cool and should do a lot to get to get our program back on track.

I don't see why not. Could just as easily get blown out, too.

It's kind of weird... The way I look at it, our best chance of picking up 2 wins in this thing is probably to lose to IU, then beat St. John's and (potentially) UNLV.

If we beat IU, then we have Vandy. If we lose that one, we get loser of KU/(UCLA/UNLV winner).

Is it safe to say most here would prefer the 2-1 5th place finish over the 1-2 4th? Or does the IU win hold more weight than StJ/Unlv? Of course 3rd place is ideal & I believe we got a shot. Crawford should have little trouble getting past Alford, just hope he makes smart decisions from there.

Did McClinton squander an opportunity or just show he doesn't have the game yet to compete at this level?

2015 Maui Invitational: Hudson & Watson to Play in 3rd Place Game v. UCLA 7:3...

McClinton is a [Redacted] recruit with a major injury in his past who failed to take advantage of a huge opportunity so far this season. If Hudson Comes back and can stay out if trouble then the writing is on the wall for McClinton.

Is it safe to say most here would prefer the 2-1 5th place finish over the 1-2 4th? Or does the IU win hold more weight than StJ/Unlv? Of course 3rd place is ideal & I believe we got a shot. Crawford shouliid have little trouble getting past Alford, just hope he makes smart decisions from there.

Not at all. I'd much prefer a win over Iowa and and two losses to top 50 teams than a loss to Indiana and two wins over shitty teams.

I think we win tonight though

2015 Maui Invitational: Hudson & Watson to Play in 3rd Place Game v. UCLA 7:3...

Not at all. I'd much prefer a win over Iowa and and two losses to top 50 teams than a loss to Indiana and two wins over shitty teams.

I think we win tonight though

Also, I don't feel like there's much difference between UCLA and UNLV anyway. UCLA beat them by 2. Obviously it would be far from a guarantee if we played UNLV tonight instead.

Hopefully we come out with good energy tonight. UCLA has a tendency to be sluggish in situations like this.

Seems dumb to fly Hudson out there just for the last game

Back