• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 Maui Invitational: Hudson & Watson to Play in 3rd Place Game v. UCLA 7:30 ESPN2

No. Rondale was fairly terrible on defense. Alford abused him.

When Miller-McIntyre gets back, he needs to sit.

You must have been watching a different game than me. I was surprised Danny let Rondale match up with their best offensive threat in Alford, but Rondale did an outstanding job. Not to mention the 3 offensive fouls Alford got away with when Rondale was guarding him. Bravo Rondale.

Really excited for Hudson. He does look taller and super athletic. Has a good handle, rebounds well and doesn't lack for confidence. I will give him a pass on shot selection tonight (mainly taking so many when he wasn't making anything) as he was amped up to be back on the court. If Danny can reign him in he will be an extremely valuable wing for us.
Props to Wilbekin who hit a lot of 3's to preserve our lead all game. Great bounce back game.
Danny fucking Manning! We are pretty deep and should be a tough out by January. Right now we feel like a tournament team.

Most excited I've been in a long time. Great effort. Great FT shooting. Rondale was strong on D. He was a nice piece of the puzzle out there.

Rondale isn't bad. Athletic, pretty good size and a nice stroke. The Rodney Dangerfield of WFU basketball done good.

So we are now 77 on kenpom behind 1-3 temple? Explain why people care about this.

You must have been watching a different game than me. I was surprised Danny let Rondale match up with their best offensive threat in Alford, but Rondale did an outstanding job. Not to mention the 3 offensive fouls Alford got away with when Rondale was guarding him. Bravo Rondale.

Yep, Rondale played very good on-ball defense.

Rondale was in the game coming down the stretch, that says he wasn't playing terrible D.

The guy gave up at least 3 layups. He played under control on O, which helped. But the best thing to say about his D was he was better than McClinton.

Really excited for Hudson. He does look taller and super athletic. Has a good handle, rebounds well and doesn't lack for confidence. I will give him a pass on shot selection tonight (mainly taking so many when he wasn't making anything) as he was amped up to be back on the court. If Danny can reign him in he will be an extremely valuable wing for us.
Props to Wilbekin who hit a lot of 3's to preserve our lead all game. Great bounce back game.
Danny fucking Manning! We are pretty deep and should be a tough out by January. Right now we feel like a tournament team.

Spot on, Fabio

So we are now 77 on kenpom behind 1-3 temple? Explain why people care about this.

Because it's capable of concluding that a 1-3 team with a top 15 schedule and three close losses to top 35 teams is about the same as a 4-2 team with a top 80 schedule, two decent wins and two not very close losses.

It's also working off a small sample size and still has pre-season rankings playing a role in the formula.

Anybody that cares about KenPom before January are fucking idiots. Just like anybody that doesn't pay any stock to KenPom after January are idiots.

Pretty much guessing data + minimal results till conference play starts. Vs. Plenty of data plus even more as the season goes along as conference play starts.

Yep, Hudson reminds me a little of freshman, Josh Howard. Of course 23 year old senior Josh Howard (or was it 22 yr?) had filled out. Same herky-jerky motions and serious ups on the glass.

Rondale looked good out there - surprised me, no doubt.

Good for Rondale...he takes a lot of crap from this board, me included, but I'm happy for this kid tonight.

Yup, most impressed by his ball handling has a much tighter handle than last year. Played 4 positions tonight. Once we get all our players back, Danny will have a ton of lineup combinations to experiment with. All our guards can play on or off the ball, Hudson can play PF in small ball lineups and Dinos is your prototypical stretch big. Have 2 solid bigs in Collins and Devin and even Rondale had some very positive moments tonight. He'll give us some extra depth at guard. Very excited about the rest of the season. A Crawford, Codi, Crab, Dinos, Devin lineup could be dominant.

There were two trips in a row Alford got layups on Rondale. One was a high PnR where our big completely botched the hedge. One time he just got beat with speed. But overall he chased Alford pretty well around screens and did okay on ball.

Our overall team defense was wayyy better tonight with Crab and Rondale than any game this season.

Vandy bricking all their open 3's tonight. Shooting 25% from deep and still only down 6 to Kansas.

Back