• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 NASCAR Thread - Congrats Kyle Busch

Weather supposed to be great all weekend. Enjoy race fans

Here's my photo from last night that nascaronreddit tweeted out, titled Gordon's car enters The Last Great Colosseum for the final time.

4af4ed0a0e8490af352654448dd4bc60.jpg

Ugh, sad motorsports news. Indy driver Justin Wilson has died as a result of being struck in the head by a nose cone yesterday at Pocono.

I'm pretty stoked about this weekend's race. I too would love to see the Labor Day weekend Darlington race become a throwback tradition.

2015 NASCAR Thread - Lady in Black Throwback

Best throwback...

Clint bowyer* hand painted
Brad K
Harvick
Mellow Yellow
Josh Wise tide ride

And so many bad ones that aren't even throwbacks like tide is even arguable. Also why not throw on old school headlight taillight stickers and shit. Anyway some are good and some are terrible bad stupid but the idea is very cool and thank god they had the sense not to put the dillon brat in an Earnhardt scheme

I'm digging the Mello Yellow car. That pared with Larsons stache and playing Days of Thunder in the infield.

This race is crawling along bc of cautions but has been quite enjoyable.

2015 Chase field...

1 Jimmie Johnson
2 Kyle Busch
3 Matt Kenseth
4 Joey Logano
5 Kevin Harvick
6 Dale Earnhardt Jr.
7 Kurt Busch
8 Carl Edwards
9 Brad Keselowski
10 Martin Truex Jr.
11 Denny Hamlin
12 Jamie McMurray
13 Jeff Gordon
14 Ryan Newman
15 Paul Menard
16 Clint Bowyer

So now that the field is officially set, who ya got?

I'm thinking this will be a 3 horse race between JJ, Harvick, and Logano. I'll take Kenseth as my dark horse, although I'm not sure why I don't consider him a top contender. Maybe because he's just so quiet and flies below the radar. I know KyB has been on a tear, but I really don't think he can sustain his hot streak through the whole Chase. And Junior will make enough noise for Jr. Nation to get stirred up, but I think he'll fade down the stretch. KuB is the only other driver I see that can make a serious run, but I think JJ and Harvick have been basically on cruise control through the summer and are now ready to get back to business. I look for both of them to be there at the end.

I can't disagree with you, bkf, on the format and drivers getting caught up in somebody else's wreck. But, the best way to avoid most wrecks is to be out front. I'll take my chances on those drivers setting the pace in most races in the playoffs.

ETA: I hope KyB eats a wall. lol And KuB, too, for that matter. :D

Those pictures of Rockingham are sad. The Rock was the first track I saw a race at. 1990 I think, I was 5 and it was a Busch series race. I've always hoped NASCAR would go back, but I know it's a fools dream.

Came across this, um, jewel...

I think I have a new nickname for KyB: Nutpunch.

1428786904487296325.gif

The experimental low downforce 2017 car is testing at Kansas today. The shorter truck lid reminds me of the Gen 2 and Gen 3 cars.

What's this about his car failing post race inspection? I just saw a tweet about it but haven't read/heard any details.

Smoke announced today he'll retire after the 2016 season.

I'll say it again, Bowyer in the 14 in 2017.

Back