• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 NASCAR Thread - Congrats Kyle Busch

Also, congrats to NationwideMtnDewRacing for winning the Fantasy league. Way to go!! Look forward to starting again in Feb!

I finished 3rd in the Chase, 2nd overall. I'll take it. Thanks to everyone who played this year, it's a fun addition to raceday.

Except there was a huge piece of metal on the front stretch dude. I figured it was a bs caution too until they showed that.

Anywho, next year I expect Junior to finally win his first championship. With Jeffy gone he will be the elite Hendricks driver and have the best shot and get more resources and support. Also with Jeffy gone he will be the last old school racer that can contend and hopefully spank these new kids that got no respect!!!!

What would your response have been if Kyle blew a tire and that 9 second lead because he ran over that piece of metal?NASCAR fans are unbelievable

Exactly. More important to me is that it could have cost Kyle the championship. (And given it to that little jerk, Kevin Harvick.)

Most importantly, though, is that it just isn't fair to any driver who has raced hard to build up a lead in the race. Kez was dead-on. NASCAR doesn't give a fuck about what is fair. It is more interested in manufacturing phony competitive finishes for ratings. That's what this entire Chase crap is all about. And it is why NASCAR is losing fans in droves.

ETA: And by the way, even though I'm very happy that Kyle won the championship, he shouldn't be the champion this year. The champion should be the driver who accumulates the most points during the entire 36-race schedule.

Except there was a huge piece of metal on the front stretch dude. I figured it was a bs caution too until they showed that.

At first they showed the water bottle, and judging by the twittersphere, most Nascar fans thought that was the reason behind the caution. They must have been either in the bathroom or fixing another drink when they showed the piece of metal.

Anywho, next year I expect Junior to finally win his first championship. With Jeffy gone he will be the elite Hendricks driver and have the best shot and get more resources and support. Also with Jeffy gone he will be the last old school racer that can contend and hopefully spank these new kids that got no respect!!!!

Junior is not so good at Homestead. 1 top 5 in 16 races, 2 top 10s. Yikes.

Compare that to Harvick who has 14 top 10s in 16 races and FUCK you nascar for the current chase format.

How about posting a picture confirming that. I've heard NASCAR claim that, too (and of course NASCAR is always going to defend what it does....nothing new about that).....but I haven't seen any proof that what they said...or what you said....is true. Any possible debris that might have been a danger to the cars was well off the entire racing surface by the time the caution was thrown.

Bottom left, below the M in Homestead. It was higher in the groove, was then run over by a few other cars before being shot onto the painted part of the front stretch. The water bottle that was initially shown on the broadcast is also visible in this pic, in the bottom right, already on the painted part.
ONK1pBV.jpg

There is a piece of debris on the track at just about every lap within the last third of the race. At that point, stuff starts flying off of damaged cars.

I'm not a NASCAR apologist by any means. Most of the information I come across and post here is from /r/NASCAR, where its been previously discussed. You asked for a photo to show the debris, and I found it for you. You'd be surprised at how many of your points I agree with.

As I said before, I'm in no way trying to justify the caution. I'm of the opinion they should have let it play out. You asked the basis for them throwing they yellow, which I obliged from what someone else posted elsewhere. As I said before, I actually agree with you. Brian France took over in 2003 and interestingly enough, the number of debris cautions has more than doubled. A higher emphasis has been placed on safety, but that doesn't account for such an increase. Whether he admits it or not, he realizes that the 1.5 mile tracks are relatively boring and don't hold the interest the way the short and super-speedways do. As a result, he feels that he has to fabricate an exciting finish, and its a damn shame.

https://racingnews.co/2015/11/30/invisible-nascar-debris-cautions/
NASCAR-Debris-Cautions-Chart-4.jpg

In other news, Robin Pemberton steps down at the end of the month.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2015/12/1/robin-pemberton-to-depart-nascar.html

To be replaced by Scott Miller from MWR.

Last edited:
I've never been a huge Gordon fan, but damn......his final speech at the awards banquet made things mighty dusty in the room.

I've never been a huge Gordon fan, but damn......his final speech at the awards banquet made things mighty dusty in the room.

He became the old guy that even an Earnhardt fan like me couldn't root against. But I certainly didn't root for him. Let's move on!

I taped the awards ceremony to see the Gordon send off and maybe some hot girlfriends. I do not understand why they make it like 6 hours long and all awkward though

Man if Tom cruise the biggest movie star of all time shows up to toast Jeffy goodbye just imagine who will show up to sen Junior off one day with all the shit he will win and good he does for the world!! Will have to be baby jeesus himself or someone even bigger!!

Back