• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 College Football Coaching Carousel

I would have understood if Kiffin took an AAC job like SMU but he went to CUSA to take over a 3-9 team.

My real estate sources had told me that Kiffin was looking at condos in Del Boca Vista phase 3 at least three weeks ago.

So far McElwain has been a weak recruiter but it's too early to pass judgment. But I think UF is looking at another few years in the wilderness. UF has been horrid on offense since Tebow left and current recruits have no memory of the Urban Meyer tenure. The recruiting battles are going to be fierce.

I had heard that Brent Venables was also waiting on Kansas State. I know Snyder is revered out there but its time for him to move on.

My real estate sources had told me that Kiffin was looking at condos in Del Boca Vista phase 3 at least three weeks ago.

I heard he is eyeing the Condo Association President position.

Hopefully FAU doesn't buy him a Cadillac and torpedo his candidacy.

That is weird. Seems like Kiffen would rather be an SEC OC than go to FAU.

I would have understood if Kiffin took an AAC job like SMU but he went to CUSA to take over a 3-9 team.

ESPN had a good article today explaining it:

Probably one of the worst-kept secrets in Tuscaloosa was that Kiffin, one way or the other, wasn't going to be back at Alabama after this season. As someone close to the situation said, "There's a window in every relationship, and for both Saban and Kiffin, that window was just about closed."

Link

I figured maybe Kiffin wanted to actually earn a position for once in his life, but a bad relationship with Saban seems far more likely.

So next season CUSA will have both Lane Kiffin(FAU) and Butch Davis(FIU) coaching in the same division. Noice.

And both battling for recruits in south FL. Plus you have Charlie Strong back with his ties in the state.

...and Mark Richt is in Miami too
Lots of good talent, but lots of folks after it

When Chad Morris took over at SMU they were 1-11. Most AAC jobs are crap, as are all non-Power 5 except for Houston now since they are in Texas, have that base for recruiting plus the 4th largest city in the U.S. Everybody that wins at any of these programs wants out except for Ken N at Navy. None of them get squat for bowl preferentials as you can see by the fact that Temple just won the AAC and gets to go to the Military Bowl and play the 9th best from the ACC. You win CUSA, you get to go to the Boca Raton Bowl and play the 5th best team from the AAC. None are big whups although MB pays $1mm & BRB pays $400,000. The only way you get anywhere with any of them is to get to a New Year's 8. Houston made the most of it last year by beating FSU. Maybe Western Michigan from the MAC of all places will do it this year by beating Wisconsin [who may not care to be there?] MAC champ usually goes to the Camellia Bowl or Idaho Potato Bowl as champ but it is a floating place. If the AAC has been such a good place to be then UConn & Houston et all would not have been bidding so hard to get into the Big XII would they?

Last edited:
Reff, you just made the case that the AAC is a tier above CUSA.

When Chad Morris took over at SMU they were 1-11. Most AAC jobs are crap, as are all non-Power 5 except for Houston now since they are in Texas

Where was Houston before? Hasn't it always been in Texas?

Back