• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 College Football Coaching Carousel

That is weird. Seems like Kiffen would rather be an SEC OC than go to FAU.

Very strange. He must be really desperate to get out of Tuscaloosa.

Yeah, I don't get this one.

Most of the other moves this year have had some sort of angle, however far-fetched. Not sure what this one is about.

Lane Kiffen to Florida Atlantic per ESPN

Odd - would've thought he could've done better than this, even if not this year then next year after another season of Bama crushing everyone. Wonder if his agent was hearing back that even at the Houston and USF level nobody was ready to take a shot on him yet.

Not really strange at all... His 3-yr deal at Alabama is expiring in Feb '17.

And the LSU OC gig was never going to happen (despite Lane and Orgeron being close) because nobody takes a lateral position away from Nick Saban unless you want to become dead to him.

Kiffin (aka Joey Freshwater) will be slaying serious tail down in Boca.

:tard:

So next season CUSA will have both Lane Kiffin(FAU) and Butch Davis(FIU) coaching in the same division. Noice.

And both battling for recruits in south FL. Plus you have Charlie Strong back with his ties in the state.

The assumption has always been that Leavitt will take over for Snyder at KState. I don't see him making a lateral move within the P12.

Love the Strong hire. My old roommate reminded me that I wanted him instead of Holtz but Louisville made their move a couple weeks before.

Recruiting in FL should be hilarious for the next couple of years. Fisher, McElwain and Richt at the top and Strong, Scott Frost, Kiffin and Butch Davis fighting over the leftovers.

Yeah. They will BUILD A WALL around Florida talent.

The assumption has always been that Leavitt will take over for Snyder at KState. I don't see him making a lateral move within the P12.

Love the Strong hire. My old roommate reminded me that I wanted him instead of Holtz but Louisville made their move a couple weeks before.

Recruiting in FL should be hilarious for the next couple of years. Fisher, McElwain and Richt at the top and Strong, Scott Frost, Kiffin and Butch Davis fighting over the leftovers.

So far McElwain has been a weak recruiter but it's too early to pass judgment. But I think UF is looking at another few years in the wilderness. UF has been horrid on offense since Tebow left and current recruits have no memory of the Urban Meyer tenure. The recruiting battles are going to be fierce.

Yeah. They will BUILD A WALL around Florida talent.

Trump reference aside, I think our Pahokee and Jacksonville pipelines are going to close or slow to a trickle.

Trump reference aside, I think our Pahokee and Jacksonville pipelines are going to close or slow to a trickle.

Yes. If we get a commit from a Florida kid who doesn't have multiple offers from those coaches, we should wonder if he's any good.

Sure. But it closer to UF, FSU, UCF, and USF than Charleston.

Remember these are kids...if they can play in front of family at FAU or FIU (FAU's new stadium is beautiful) that will factor strongly. Wake is 700-800 miles from many Florida recruiting hotbeds.

That is weird. Seems like Kiffen would rather be an SEC OC than go to FAU.

Not strange at all, just like Chad Morris leaving Clemson for SMU 2 years ago even though the highest paid OC in the country at the time. Guys want to be head coaches. Kiffen has done it all as an OC--won 3 SEC titles and at least 1 national title--time to move on and see if he has matured enough and learned enough lessons under Saban to succeed as a head coach. He needs to prove himself at a school like FAU before another big time school will take a chance on him, but there is no doubt he is one of the brightest offensive minds in college football. He has won those 3 SEC titles with 3 different QB's.

Are we moving Wake Forest to Charleston ? I think that would be a good move.

Back