• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 College Football Coaching Carousel

Winning and being in big games prolly helped people identify Penn State as Big Ten. Don't really see that happening at Maryland any time soon

Yuck. Hate it when Ivy dudes pull the Ivy card out of their ass for no good reason. Note to the dixster - use it for job interviews, LinkedIn, and when looking for repeat sex with someone. Not that much elsewhere unless it comes up in context. E.g., did you hear that darren aronofsky is doing a movie with Jennifer Lawrence? You: Oh really? I went to Harvard with him.

I feel you. I don't mind using it against TheReff when he makes a comment about my ignorance though when we all know he spends most of his time watching little girls play basketball.

Winning and being in big games prolly helped people identify Penn State as Big Ten. Don't really see that happening at Maryland any time soon

Penn State also wasn't heavily associated with another conference before joining the Big Ten.

Is anybody pining for Maryland? I'm as big an ACC homer and traditionalist as a guy my age can be and I don't miss them.

Yeah. It was a gut punch to see that headline after getting embarrassed by Iona and ND on the same day. But after they left, whatever.

Maryland fans suck....do not miss

I feel you. I don't mind using it against TheReff when he makes a comment about my ignorance though when we all know he spends most of his time watching little girls play basketball.

you take time to read TheReff's posts? how the fuck did you get into an Ivy? ;)

Last edited:
I'd still prefer MD to L'ville. I'm not all broken up about it but I'd generally prefer to have the teams in the league that I considered big rivals to have remained. When I lived in DC I went to see Wake and MD many times up there.

That whole Claeys-Fleck thing is shady. I think they just canned Claeys so they could get Fleck. Like when the Holes canned Matt Doherty to get Roy. Put me in the not a fan of Minnesota camp going forward. Kinda like I felt after the bogus Northwestern players "strike". Did love Claeys parting shot, though: "“I won’t be up here freezing my ass off, so y’all enjoy the winter.”

Just take a look at MD's home hoop conference schedule this year. It's a nightmare:

- Illinois
- Nebraska
- Purdue
- Iowa
- Indiana
- Mich State
- Rutgers
- Minnesota

MD has no rivals in that group. With the possible exception of Mich State (which is not a rival), there are at least 6 ACC programs that would cause more buzz on campus and around the DC area if they played at MD.

There's a decent amount of history between Maryland and Illinois, but your point is taken.

Bama with Lane Kiffin this season: 14-0
Bama without him: 0-1

#factsonly

Cal's requirement that 80% of football players must have a 3.0 incoming GPA makes that job undesirable. Stanford doesn't handcuff it's coaches like that not to mention both schools in LA.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

So Louisville and Mississippi State just switched DCs. Allegedly, Louisville forced out Grantham and were just waiting for him to get hired before they hired the Miss State guy. Strange because Sirmon has only been a DC for a single, unimpressive year.

Bet the Grantham decision was driven by Wakeyleaks but I think they could have done much better with his replacement.

Back