• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 College football thread

Wasn't the D's fault that Clemson ran 99 plays. Bama's offense was feast or famine all night-- mostly famine because they couldn't move the ball in the air. They gave Clemson more plays with which to spread the field. I said to my wife that Clemson might score 30 in the second half if Bama wasn't going to sustain drives. There was little doubt in my mind that Watson was going to drive them down the field at the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. Based on how many plays Clemson ran, Bama's D actually didn't play that poorly. Its hard to play quality D when you are on the field the majority of the game

The Alabama DB tackled the outside receiver, which pretty much eliminated any chance of getting an offensive PI there. If anything, it should have been defensive holding, but there is no way that gets called there.

Don't say that near the 2002 Miami team that got hosed against OSU.

Wake ranked #9 in the ACC in the Way Too Early predictions for next year....which is I guess where we finished this year.

Hope we get @ BC in one of the first three weeks before the App game on 9/23 (I assume we won't have a bye). The only other teams with holes in the first three weeks are FSU, Clemson and Louisville, with only the defending champions not returning their starting QB.

Let's get off to a good start

Hope we get @ BC in one of the first three weeks before the App game on 9/23 (I assume we won't have a bye). The only other teams with holes in the first three weeks are FSU, Clemson and Louisville, with only the defending champions not returning their starting QB.

Let's get off to a good start

I wouldn't expect you to get Louisville on September 17th....expecting them to come to Chapel Hill on September 10th, based on how the dates match up around the league early in the year....since they open in Indianapolis against Purdue, I doubt the ACC would make them go on the road for back-to-back ACC road games after that neutral site start.

Not sure if this was discussed. The TD play started with 6 seconds left. The Bama defenders should've just tackled every receiver on the play. They would've gotten a penalty, but no TD and the clock would be down to 1 or 2 seconds. Clemson then would've had to decide whether to go for the win on the last play or kick the FG to tie. I think they would've kicked.

Watson could have easily scrambled in.

Wake ranked #9 in the ACC in the Way Too Early predictions for next year....which is I guess where we finished this year.

Thereabouts. They basically dropped UNC and we moved up a spot. I'll take it.

I wouldn't expect you to get Louisville on September 17th....expecting them to come to Chapel Hill on September 10th, based on how the dates match up around the league early in the year....since they open in Indianapolis against Purdue, I doubt the ACC would make them go on the road for back-to-back ACC road games after that neutral site start.

Not crying about that one! Thanks for the info.

I imagine it will probably be BC -- seems like either they or the conference usually like to have them play some early-season conf games up there before the weather turns. And we've had a lot of road early-season conference games against the ilk of Duke/BC/Syracuse in that week 2 slot

Isn't the game at BC or Cuse likely to be a Friday night game?

Yeah, there's that too. Nice little annoyance to deter the desire to go

We finished up in the final coaches poll in 37th place with 3 votes. Good for 7th place in ACC and the best part is carolina with 0 votes.

Last edited:
We finished up in the final coaches poll in 37th place with 3 votes. Good for 7th place in ACC and the best part is carolina with 0 votes.

Wow. That's pretty cool. Probably deserves its own thread.

Am I imagining this or wasn't there some unwritten agreement between ACC schools to not play MD in any OOC games in any sports (except the contractually mandated ACC/Big 10 Challenge) after the Terps bolted?

Maybe it was capped at the first 5 years after MD left, or maybe I'm just having a brain fart.

Back