• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 College football thread

Saban needs to can pruitt. Their frosh qb can't throw but their NFL d gave up 500 and 31 first downs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn't the D's fault that Clemson ran 99 plays. Bama's offense was feast or famine all night-- mostly famine because they couldn't move the ball in the air. They gave Clemson more plays with which to spread the field. I said to my wife that Clemson might score 30 in the second half if Bama wasn't going to sustain drives. There was little doubt in my mind that Watson was going to drive them down the field at the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Next year's rules emphasis: pick plays.

I guess that's aimed at Saban, and if so, OK.

It was a pick, though. The very definition of one. That said, Clemson was just the better team last night. Bama's injuries caught up with them, and Clemson just looked unstoppable on offense.

Not sure if this was discussed. The TD play started with 6 seconds left. The Bama defenders should've just tackled every receiver on the play. They would've gotten a penalty, but no TD and the clock would be down to 1 or 2 seconds. Clemson then would've had to decide whether to go for the win on the last play or kick the FG to tie. I think they would've kicked.

I guess that's aimed at Saban, and if so, OK.

It was a pick, though. The very definition of one. That said, Clemson was just the better team last night. Bama's injuries caught up with them, and Clemson just looked unstoppable on offense.

The first one definitely was. The second won was a good no-call since the DB appeared to initiate the contact.

Also, not clear about what good emphasis will do. They emphasized targeting all year and missed some pretty blatant ones in this game.

Clemson won. Bama lost. It was a deserved victory for Howard and his rock. I'm impressed with Dabo. I would like him to replace Saban.

That being said all the mouth breathing ACC shit is just as lame SEC SEC talk from the previous years. It's fickle and will shift every couple of years. Who cares.

Why is Wake happy being the bottom bitch among its peers? Is it all about getting checks and winning is irrelevant?

Sorry a nerve was hit earlier, I can't get pass it. Y'all need to be better alumni. Stop being such cowards.

Crock potting baby!

Just a few short years ago we were lamenting bogus pass interference calls down in Death Valley (to cost us the game) and completely bogus holding calls to bring back long, gashing runs by Chris Barclay up the middle, to kill any chance we had at beating Clemson down there.

That, and the missed 25 yard field goal that cost us the 2011 ACCCG.

Yet, my favorite was the Jyles Tucker steals the ball from Whitehurst game, which I believe cost Bowden his job. We were very, very competitive versus Clemson.

Should get back there soon, I hope.

I'm still hurt and pissed at ESPN for their "countdown to kickoff" clock. If it was really countdown to kickoff, why was their still 20 minutes to kickoff once it hit 0:00????? I do have to give them credit for putting Bill Walton in a room with Jay Bilas, Keyshawn Johnson, Marcellus Wiley, Rachel Nichols and Michelle Beadle though. I think those 5 will never be the same for the experience.

Just a few short years ago we were lamenting bogus pass interference calls down in Death Valley (to cost us the game) and completely bogus holding calls to bring back long, gashing runs by Chris Barclay up the middle, to kill any chance we had at beating Clemson down there.

Yet, my favorite was the Jyles Tucker steals the ball from Whitehurst game, which I believe cost Bowden his job. We were very, very competitive versus Clemson.

That was awesome, we beat the ever loving crap out of Clemson in that game, over at halftime. How Tommy Bowden survived that beatdown by LOWF I'll never know???

If last night's result was different, I wonder if there would be more discussion today about all the headshots that Alabama got away with. That early hit on Williams was a near-textbook definition of targeting.

Not sure if this was discussed. The TD play started with 6 seconds left. The Bama defenders should've just tackled every receiver on the play. They would've gotten a penalty, but no TD and the clock would be down to 1 or 2 seconds. Clemson then would've had to decide whether to go for the win on the last play or kick the FG to tie. I think they would've kicked.

Wow, I did not even think of this. Can you even imagine? Also I cannot believe they wouldn't go zone there, especially after they previously ran a pick/rub route on an earlier TD.

96672ffe4a9ff9199f218a61433dc394.jpg

Looks like offensive PI to me, but admittedly, I'm biased.

if you watch in real time it clearly wasn't PI. the db initiated contact (legal) and the wr fell down

The Alabama DB tackled the outside receiver, which pretty much eliminated any chance of getting an offensive PI there. If anything, it should have been defensive holding, but there is no way that gets called there.

The pick play for some teams is the equivalent of Duke hand fouls where if you do it enough it's impossible to call them all so the majority they let slide. In the NFL the patriots and broncos mastered this until they finally did crackdown.

That game was in 2003. Bowden "resigned" in 2008, right after Wake beat Clemson.

I kinda thought that's what they were doing on the previous play, so surprised they didn't follow through on it on that last play. Who knows, maybe they would've tackled Renfrow right away if not for the pick

Back