• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 College football thread

It will help the ACC sell its new network.

Definitely. This is the right time to peak in football and men's hoops.

You can tell these kids buy everything Dabo is selling. Watson and Boulware may as well have been Dabo himself.

Definitely. This is the right time to peak in football and men's hoops.

You can tell these kids buy everything Dabo is selling. Watson and Boulware may as well have been Dabo himself.

Dabo has done one heck of a job. I still don't think he's much of an x and o coach, but he's surrounded himself with guys that are and he has recruited, been a cheerleader and genuinely created an environment of excellence at that program.

By the way, that doesn't mean I still can't stand Clemson.

Last edited:
Yep. And 13 years later they were still crowing about it. Probably still are. Eff 'em.

They call us white meat (or at least the other white meat, along with UVa). They suck.

Except for that Die go guy!

Last edited:
What Alabama fans don't understand is that Clemson never has and never will be called for PI. Something we Wake fans know all too well.

Dabo had done one heck of a job. I still don't think he's much of an x and I coach's, but he's surrounded himself with guys that are and he has recruited, been a cheerleader and genuinely created an environment of excellence at that program.

Yep. It looked like a joke of a hire at the time. But they knew something we didn't.

Man, I really regret not going to this game.

Question. The pass interference on Bama was really not in the end zone; it occurred on the 2 or so. I believe that would make it a 15 yard penalty and not a spot foul at the one. Wouldn't that have made it a half the distance penalty? If so, that would have put the ball more around the 4 or 5, which likely would have made Clemson's play calling different.

People slobbering over Clemson. The very team with whom we compete for a division title. Just fucking unbelievable.

make no mistake, Clemson (especially the orange overall wearing wal-mart fatso doofuses that are their townie fanbase) can kiss my ass. But I'm gonna be happy for the undersized, underweight dude from my town who is a football. player.

Question. The pass interference on Bama was really not in the end zone; it occurred on the 2 or so. I believe that would make it a 15 yard penalty and not a spot foul at the one. Wouldn't that have made it a half the distance penalty? If so, that would have put the ball more around the 4 or 5, which likely would have made Clemson's play calling different.

My main thought there was the clock stopped super quick. Would Clemson have still run a play at 5 seconds? Surely not at 4

What Alabama fans don't understand is that Clemson never has and never will be called for PI. Something we Wake fans know all too well.
Why should they be called for opi in contact initiated by bamas corner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suppose it depends on what was the interference. The initial contact at the 2 ? Or the full tackle in the endzone. I definitely had the same thoughts as you.

Still a spot penalty I'm pretty sure.

Good no call on OPI on the last play. DB engaged first.

Clemson's wide receivers are so good. I thought Cain did a great job early to give them a spark when Williams was hurt. Renfrow obviously clutch. Leggett with the ridiculous catch late. And Mike Williams just killing dudes the whole fourth quarter.

I suppose it depends on what was the interference. The initial contact at the 2 ? Or the full tackle in the endzone. I definitely had the same thoughts as you.

To me, all of the contact was on the 2 and 1 and then the WR fell as he crossed the end zone. I wonder if that sort of thing is reviewable. Seems like it could have made a huge difference.

Long story short - found something on the net (so has to be true) that makes it sound like it would have been spot foul at the 2, if the PI was on the 2 or 1 (and original LOS at the 17 or closer - which it was).

Back