• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 College football thread

You're slipping, bkf. One of the weakest efforts yet from king troll

Not an impressive opening week-end for the ACC.

UVa is the only team who looked really bad in a loss. UNC's loss isn't a bad loss. Everybody else won and most looked solid doing it.

Showboating is "millennial cool". Fundamentals are just for old-timers. That's the way the game is played today, sports fans. If you don't believe it, watch some ESPN SportsCenter highlites and see what they show. In basketball, for example, you get thunder dunks. Don't hold your breath waiting for any screens or help side defense.

Other than Bobby Knight, would you tell me 5 things you like? Bad things happening to things you hate don't count.

UVa is the only team who looked really bad in a loss. UNC's loss isn't a bad loss. Everybody else won and most looked solid doing it.

Yeah, this is a big swing game but the weekend isn't a disaster. If Clemson had blown that Auburn game, now we're talking.

Nobody really cares about UVa losing, and certainly no one cares about us looking bad in a win

I was so certain that was BoobKnightFan that I didn't even respond. Hilarious.

There are no style points in football. A loss is a loss.

Of course, I'm including ND in the ACC which is not correct.

Last edited:
big opening drive to start the half.

big opening drive to start the half.

CrotejRVMAAaTnN.jpg

Banner weekend for the SEC though?

It was a banner week for no conference. This is about teams, not conferences. As I mentioned a few days ago, at the end of the day, the SEC and probably the ACC will be where it matters, in the playoff.

I am getting the sense this could be the year we either get 2 teams from one conference or Houston as a partycrasher though.

We'll see doe, long ways to go yet obvs

Back