• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 College football thread

Les Miles and Cam Cameron were just fired.

They were saying that last night's LSU v. Auburn game was a loser leave town for the head coaches, guess they were right.

Bet Petrino would love to get back into SEC. LSU is desperate to beat Bama and others with all that talent. I have to bet they will at least inquire. Whatever happens, you can't give the job to the interim Ed Ogeron. He's a good guy, but no difference maker.

Imagine Briles gets a call as well.

Briles needs to stay completely out of the public eye to get the LSU job.

What about Tressel getting back in this cycle? There have been reports his agent has been working back channels for over a year and the show-cause comes up in December.

What about Tressel getting back in this cycle? There have been reports his agent has been working back channels for over a year and the show-cause comes up in December.

LSU is wanting to bring in a coach to run a high octane offense after Miles, Jim Tressel sure ain't that guy.

Bet Petrino would love to get back into SEC.

I don't know. He's positioned Loui very well pretty quickly, and while FSU and Clemson are challenging, the ACC Atlantic still isn't the SEC West, which he never came that close to winning at Ark.

Don't really see why Louisville can't stay a year in, year out contender

I don't know. He's positioned Loui very well pretty quickly, and while FSU and Clemson are challenging, the ACC Atlantic still isn't the SEC West, which he never came that close to winning at Ark.

Don't really see why Louisville can't stay a year in, year out contender

He'd come closer to winning at LSU.

I don't think so. And it'd be silly to leave what he has going IMO.

Petrino would tear it up at LSU. They win 10-11 games every year without a quarterback. All that I-10 speed and the same caliber defensive talent.

I think he depends on the Big 12's decision. If Houston is in the Big 12 next year, I bet he stays and keeps building his program there. If Big 12 doesn't pick Houston or pushes new entrants to later than next year, I bet he's at LSU, Auburn or Oklahoma next year.

Back