• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Football Recruiting Thread - Notes from NSD Press Conference and Reception

Parents don't care about Twitter. High character recruits listen to parents. If you picture Clawson with parents you will see why he succeeds and will in the future. A bunch of jock sniffing nerds is not even close to the sway parents have on where these children end up.

Update on Wake Forest commit Jaquez Williams. He was taken off the field with assistance. Benedictine Military...

Essang Bassey returned the opening kickoff for a TD on Thursday but it was called back by a penalty.

Cade Carney sat out last night with a shoulder injury.

I will be watching for updates on Jacquez Williams head injury.

Lukas Masterson has two INTs last night.

Emmanuel Walker had 10 tackles, including 4 sacks, in a 22-6 win over Woodland

Jamie Newman played after missing the last three weeks after an ankle injury and completed 11 of 23 passes for 265 yards with 2 TDs and 2 INTs. Graham gave up a TD with 21 seconds left to go to 0-4

Taleni Suhren and Audrey Kell lost to Hough 41-37

Johnny Ray and Wando lost 40-35

Traveon Redd and Magna Vista lost to Jefferson Forest 53-20. Redd had 2 catches for 39 yards and caught a 2-pt conversion, and rushed twice for -4 yards

Essang Bassey sparked Columbus to their first 3-0 start for the first time in 40 years. Bassey had an 81-yard KO return for a TD. He had 88 yards rushing, including runs of 50 and 28 yards. He added a 23-yard kickoff return to his touchdown to finish the night with 192 yards of all-purpose yards.
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/sports/high-school/article34830279.html#storylink=cpy

Brandon Chapman and Grove City lost 28-24.

Zander Zimmer and Bishop Moore won 33-6

Je'Vonte Nash and Oakleaf won 14-5

Jamauri Wakefield rushed 25 times for 198 yards and 3 TDs (2, 2, 53) in a 43-42 loss

Malik Grate and Pendleton got crushed 41-7

Jeremiah Brown and SW Guilford won 41-6

Jacquez Williams got hurt in a loss. Article stated "Williams go out with a leg injury after he caught a swing pass out of the backfield only to blasted by Cadet defenders. Williams was taken to St. Joseph’s Hospital with his leg in an air cast,"
http://savannahnow.com/sports/2015-09-11/cadets-start-slow-finish-fast-42-23

Basham and Northside won 31-15

Lukas Masterson and Gulf Coast won 19-6

Greg Dortch had a 4-yard TD run in a 31-14 win

Davidson Day won 53-0. Doesn't look like Cade even played (update: 94's note above says he sat our with a shoulder injury)

I don't really care how recruits feel about it, grown men using the internet to tell unknown kids where they should go to college is weird.

#donttweetkids
In the same way that it's weird to wear a jersey with a kid's name on it, or to scream at a kid who misses a block or tackle?

@ThisWeekFrank: Grove City tight end Brandon Chapman is out for the season with a back injury. Chapman is a Wake Forest recruit.

No bueno...

Man.....what a tough Friday night for our 2016 commits. Way too many losses and injuries.

Our TE recruiting has taken so many hits over the last year. Losing Bargas. Injuries to Bowman and now Chapman.

We need help on our Oline and pass rush. I love how Clawson addressed those in our 16 class.

Our TE recruiting has taken so many hits over the last year. Losing Bargas. Injuries to Bowman and now Chapman.

Don't forget about Zach Gordon as well. Not really recruiting, but another big blow to TEs.

2 brand new Crystal Ball predictions for Sulaiman Kamara to Wake.

Vibes.

Been searching for some vibes all day. Looks like this is the place. Kamara would be a big time win for Claw and co

Teams with sturdy run-stuffing DTs win lots of games. Lots.

The unofficial he just took to South Carolina worries me a bit. The old ball coach would be the guy who fly under the radar and take our top d-line prospect.

What I have read is that the programs that have gotten him on campus have been disappointed with his measurables. I think it is more about his height than anything else. Having said that I think that Penn State's interest was legitimate, even if he was ultimately more of a backup plan.

I think Wake's competition at this point is UVA and Temple. The most recent interview that I watched with Kamara had him lighting up when talking about Wake. He said that the staff did something very special for him on his first visit to campus, but that our staff had asked him not to discuss details. He also said that he is daily contact with the Wake staff which tells you that he continues to be a priority.

If the only reason that he isn't at Penn State or UNC or South Carolina is that he is a couple of inches shorter than they would like I am fine with that.

Back