• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Football Recruiting Thread - Notes from NSD Press Conference and Reception

IIRC, the 'experts' thought Nikita Whitlock was too short. If Kamara does what Whitlock did. I believe that would work out well for the Deacons.

The unofficial he just took to South Carolina worries me a bit. The old ball coach would be the guy who fly under the radar and take our top d-line prospect.

No worry.
Spurrier will be gone in a couple of years.
Recruits surely know this.

IIRC, the 'experts' thought Nikita Whitlock was too short. If Kamara does what Whitlock did. I believe that would work out well for the Deacons.

Small difference between low 2 star and high 4 star.

Emmanuel Walker had 8 tackles and recovered a blocked punt as Lake Marion won 46-7 to stay unbeaten on the year.

Jamie Newman had two completions for 101 yards, including a 66-yd pass as Graham won their first game 50-34

Johnny Ray and Wando lost 40-35

Tre Redd had a 62-yard TD catch and Magna Vista won 41-40

Essang Bassey had a 30-yard fumble recovery for a TD and was called out for shutting down one of the better players in the county as Columbus won 21-14 to go to 4-0 on the season. Bassey quoted in the article as well
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/sports/high-school/valley-preps-blog/article35649609.html

Zander Zimmer and Bishop won a squeaker over Poinciana, 69-0

Cade Carney only played one series and caught two passes for 40 yards in a 48-0 rout.

Laronde Liverpool and Landstown lost 30-7

Je'Vionte Nash and Oakleaf lost 20-13

Jamauri Wakefield had 5 TDs (runs of 80, 54, 35, 91 and a 86 yard catch), and 347 yards rushing on 18 carries (!!!) in a 42-7 win

Malik Grate and Pendleton lost 42-21 to previously winless Chesness

Jeremiah Brown and SW Guilford lost 21-14 to go to 2-3 on the year

Jac Williams and Libery County won 20-8

Carlos Basham Jr and Northside lost 38-14

Lukas Masterson and Gulf Coast lost 42-6

Dom Maggio hit the game-winning FG with 28 seconds left for a 31-28 win for Boys' Latin

Wakefield put up video game-type numbers last year as well. This is not new. I think he was the leading rusher in the entire state of Florida last year. If not #1, he was close to it. He plays in a private school league and his school plays some questionable competition. I think it is the same private school league that John Wolford and Chuck Wade played in.

Wakefield put up video game-type numbers last year as well. This is not new. I think he was the leading rusher in the entire state of Florida last year. If not #1, he was close to it. He plays in a private school league and his school plays some questionable competition. I think it is the same private school league that John Wolford and Chuck Wade played in.

Bishop Kenny is 5A (FL goes from 1A to 8A) and is in a conference with public schools. Providence is 3A and is in a conference with all private schools. One of those schools is Trinity Christian, which seems to have multiple 4 and 5 star recruits every single year, and I believe is the 2 time state champion. It looks like Providence plays them on Oct. 2. It also looks like the team Providence beat this past weekend is actually a 7A school, though they are 0-4 on the season.

Bishop Kenny is 5A (FL goes from 1A to 8A) and is in a conference with public schools. Providence is 3A and is in a conference with all private schools. One of those schools is Trinity Christian, which seems to have multiple 4 and 5 star recruits every single year, and I believe is the 2 time state champion. It looks like Providence plays them on Oct. 2. It also looks like the team Providence beat this past weekend is actually a 7A school, though they are 0-4 on the season.

My mistake. Thanks for the info.

ETA: I think Providence also played Sandalwood (8A) in August and lost 44-0 with Wakefield basically being shut down. That game doesn't show up on their schedule so maybe it is considered a preseason game of some sort.

Last edited:
Sulaiman Kamara says that he definitely wants to take official visits to Wake Forest, Virginia and UNC (no offer). This is more confirmation that it is basically down to Wake and UVA unless a school like UNC, South Carolina or Penn State has a spot open up. He hasn’t set up any official visits yet and they may not come until after the season.

Nebraska is now the heavy favorite to land OL Tremayne Anchrum, who recently announced that he had cancelled his official visit to Georgia after learning they had filled their OL slots.

All is quiet on the recruiting front for WR Larry Collins. That’s good news for Wake. Collins continues to have a monster high school season (11 catches for 180 yards last weekend).

There has been surprisingly little news on LB Elysee Mbem-Bosse recently. The only thing that I have heard is that he will take an official visit to N.C. State in 2 weeks.

WR Donald Stewart mentions Wake in some articles. It continues to look like he will commit to Stanford IF they have a spot for him or Michigan if a spot opens up (there isn’t one now). However if both of those doors are closed he looks wide open and I think Wake would be solidly in the mix. At one point he mentioned a tentative plan to visit Wake for the FSU game, however he hasn’t set any dates for official visits at any schools. He doesn’t have a timeline for a decision.

Both Collins and Stewart are taller receivers. 6’3 / 6’4. I’d speculate that they would go into the mix with Scotty Washington and Cortez Lewis at the X-receiver position.

Both DE/TE Taylor Edwards and S/RB DeAndre Delaney have mentioned Wake recently. I doubt that Wake has a spot for either right now. Edwards is a spring evaluation period offeree who visited Wake in the late spring/early summer. He says he will decide between UMass, Wake Forest, Old Dominion and UConn. I suspect that Delaney was originally the backup plan for Traveon Redd. Delaney attended Wake camp twice this summer and was offered at the exact same time as eventual Wake commits Greg Dortch, Lukas Masterson and Tyler Watson. There was a recent report that he had a top 2 of Wake Forest and Tennessee-Chattanooga and was continuing to hear from Vanderbilt (no offer).

Last edited:
Emmanuel Walker had 8 tackles and recovered a blocked punt as Lake Marion won 46-7 to stay unbeaten on the year.

Jamie Newman had two completions for 101 yards, including a 66-yd pass as Graham won their first game 50-34

Johnny Ray and Wando lost 40-35

Tre Redd had a 62-yard TD catch and Magna Vista won 41-40

Essang Bassey had a 30-yard fumble recovery for a TD and was called out for shutting down one of the better players in the county as Columbus won 21-14 to go to 4-0 on the season. Bassey quoted in the article as well
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/sports/high-school/valley-preps-blog/article35649609.html

Zander Zimmer and Bishop won a squeaker over Poinciana, 69-0

Cade Carney only played one series and caught two passes for 40 yards in a 48-0 rout.

Laronde Liverpool and Landstown lost 30-7

Je'Vionte Nash and Oakleaf lost 20-13

Jamauri Wakefield had 5 TDs (runs of 80, 54, 35, 91 and a 86 yard catch), and 347 yards rushing on 18 carries (!!!) in a 42-7 win

Malik Grate and Pendleton lost 42-21 to previously winless Chesness

Jeremiah Brown and SW Guilford lost 21-14 to go to 2-3 on the year

Jac Williams and Libery County won 20-8

Carlos Basham Jr and Northside lost 38-14

Lukas Masterson and Gulf Coast lost 42-6

Dom Maggio hit the game-winning FG with 28 seconds left for a 31-28 win for Boys' Latin

2 completions, what do they run the wishbone?

Back