• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Football Recruiting Thread - Notes from NSD Press Conference and Reception

I would love to see we go after any of South Carolina's commits they have a few from NC that would be a good pick up

I would love to see we go after any of South Carolina's commits they have a few from NC that would be a good pick up

At least 3 of South Carolina's 2016 commitments were at Wake's Junior Day in February: APB C.J. Freeman (Greenboro, NC), S Jaqui (JJ) Givens (from VA) and WR Bryan Edwards (from SC). None of those 3 ended up seriously considering Wake. Givens visited unofficially a couple of times and had good things to say about Wake, but was gravitating towards a number of other schools when he surprisingly committed to South Carolina during a visit.

This could actually be a negative development for Wake if the new South Carolina staff wants to make room for Larry Collins or Sulaiman Kamara, or if they decide to poach any of our existing commits. Our staff may have to play defense after the new coach is named.

94, The SC staff might be out the door in December. The new HC is on their sideline, coaching another team or the golf course somewhere. I can't see a new player committing to a interim coach. Poach away Claw!

Last edited:
They (USC)won't likely have a new staff in place till mid December. That's a long time to ask a hs kid to remain committed to a school that may not be right for them or even really want them after the new coach is hired. Plenty of other opportunities are available at this point. Won't be able to say the same in December when most schools will have all their scholarships accounted for.

Dom Maggio hit a 55 yard FG in a HS game. Averaging 46 yards on his punts. Plans to enroll early at Wake to begin to prepare to take over punting duties next year.

Dom Maggio hit a 55 yard FG in a HS game. Averaging 46 yards on his punts. Plans to enroll early at Wake to begin to prepare to take over punting duties next year.

Kid is going to be a good one. Punter U

We need a kickoff man to consistently hit it deep in the end zone. That has been lacking this year.

We need a kickoff man to consistently hit it deep in the end zone. That has been lacking this year.

You do know our normal kickoff man who usually does put it in the endzone Adam Centers hurt his leg this preseason so Weaver has had to fill in and do it right? Centers is very good at it and Weaver has filled in admirably.

Not sure where to post this; but I don't think I have ever heard of this before--Carrboro High School has canceled this week's game due to the number of players they have injured!

AIR, wasn't it Weaver who had the highlight real consistently nailing 60-yard FG's ?

AIR, wasn't it Weaver who had the highlight real consistently nailing 60-yard FG's ?

I think it is a fact that both Weaver and Kinal had popular YouTube videos at the time of their recruitment. Maybe others can weigh in on whether those videos actually triggered Wake's recruitment. I suspect that they did.

ETA: Here is Weaver's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUtwP08ry8c

Last edited:
Saw on TV highlights of Greg Dortch leading Highland Springs to a 42-0 victory.

Back