• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Football Recruiting Thread - Notes from NSD Press Conference and Reception

Wow DeAndre Delaney commits to Wake. I'll have to dig back into my notes from last summer. He camped as a RB and then came back and camped as a safety.

Flip from UT-Chattanooga. This staff is serious about the importance of evaluating recruits at their camp.

Going to visit GT..............or on a recruiting mission?

Well it was on a Delta flight and Atlanta is their hub so who knows. It may not have been him at all but I saw a guy with a bunch of BC gear that looks typical of what coaches wear and later when I was bored checked out the BC website.

Wow DeAndre Delaney commits to Wake. I'll have to dig back into my notes from last summer. He camped as a RB and then came back and camped as a safety.

Flip from UT-Chattanooga. This staff is serious about the importance of evaluating recruits at their camp.

Dis he commit at RB or S?

Had 2,200+ total yards this year on offense. In his tape he looks fast

He probably fills the spot we were trying to fill with Arkeem Byrd. Welcome D!

Deandre Delaney, an APB, just committed to Wake for the 2016 class. He's 6'2 around 200 pounds I think, a lot of people are saying he is being brought in as a safety prospect but nothing confirmed.

Arkeem Byrd offered by Tennessee. So that's a guy that has definitely blown up.

Per this guy, who is a senior at Alabama and a beat writer of some sorts, he has the following to say about Alabama WR Chris Black (who will immediately be eligible):

Kevin Connell ‏@_KevinConnell 18m18 minutes ago
@Barryphotog3 Again, basing only off recent Twitter follows, but I see South Carolina, Florida, Jacksonville State, Wake Forest, Louisville.

Here is the player's page from the Alabama website: http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/chris_black_796425.html

Per this guy, who is a senior at Alabama and a beat writer of some sorts, he has the following to say about Alabama WR Chris Black (who will immediately be eligible):

@Barryphotog3 Again, basing only off recent Twitter follows, but I see South Carolina, Florida, Jacksonville State, Wake Forest, Louisville.

Here is the player's page from the Alabama website: http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/chris_black_796425.html

Was a high 4 star outta HS, #6 WR in the country according to 24/7. But, struggled to make an impact at Alabama. Had an ankle injury in the offseason that apparently bugged him all year and ended up getting surgery a month ago that ended his season. Would be interesting if we are really involved. Looks like that tweet is referring to him recently following Coach Ruggiero.

Last edited:
Offering a lot of 2* guys late for some reason, athlete types too makes you wonder if someone else is leaving

I am actually glad DD is coming in as a safety. We need depth there more so than RB. Although his numbers were impressive this year. Did he play any safety this year or have any defensive statistics?

That would be a coup. While he struggled to get on the field at Alabama, he's talented (albeit injury prone). I assume he'll be eligible immediately?

Wake is all over Moe. Cuse and UCONN also visiting him.

ETA: he doesn't really care about UCONN. He likes wake but understand that we have brought a lot of kids in and doesn't want to get lost in the shuffle.

Last edited:
That would be a coup. While he struggled to get on the field at Alabama, he's talented (albeit injury prone). I assume he'll be eligible immediately?

Here is the player's page from the Alabama website: http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-foo...ck_796425.html

Back