• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Football Recruiting Thread - Notes from NSD Press Conference and Reception

You'll have to excuse him, James. Bama fans ain't too good at readin'.

Wake is all over Moe. Cuse and UCONN also visiting him.

ETA: he doesn't really care about UCONN. He likes wake but understand that we have brought a lot of kids in and doesn't want to get lost in the shuffle.

Safe to say Syracuse is still his favorite?

Moe Neal was looking for a bigger program than Wake but is now also worried about getting lost in the shuffle at Wake? That sounds to me like he just isn't that in to Wake.

Yeah it didn't make sense to me. Miss State has offered him but he knows he could get over shadowed there. tOSU would offer him if he agreed to play DB. But he knows that "Wake is recruiting everyone". Which he is actually right. We are bringing a lot of people in and a lot of people at his position. He doesn't want to redshirt, hence the early enrollment idea at Cuse.

ETA: I don't think he was ever "looking for a bigger program" such as an Alabama or something. I just think that Cuse/Duke/UNC in his mind are better programs.

I think the "I can always play at Wake" comment was an 18 year old kid reiterating the common perspective of most people regarding wake football. But I'm sure he took a step back and realized the numbers and incoming recruits we have at the WR position.

Last edited:
For those interested in my unofficial scholarship count, with the addition of Delaney and removals of Deonte Davis (see attrition thread) and Bryant Gross-Armiento (credit to Les Johns for the confirmation) my count stands at 86. Very manageable.

For those interested in my unofficial scholarship count, with the addition of Delaney and removals of Deonte Davis (see attrition thread) and Bryant Gross-Armiento (credit to Les Johns for the confirmation) my count stands at 86. Very manageable.

Do early enrollees count towards 2015 or 2016? What about grey shirts (Johnny Ray?)? Do they count towards 2016 or 2017 class?

Early enrollees count against graduating players. In other words, they have the spring semester part of a player's 'ship who has left the team. Gray shirts do the same for the next year.

Scout.com article out that says Moe Neal is 100% Syracuse after meeting with an assistant coach.

Jacquez Williams offered by Georgia Southern and App State.

Georgia Southern is trying to flip a Wake commit for the second year in a row.

Looked up Sihieme King yesterday. Actually did not redshirt at Kentucky and scored a TD and ran for roughly 170 on the year as they moved him to full time RB at 172 pounds. Surprised me

Looked up Sihieme King yesterday. Actually did not redshirt at Kentucky and scored a TD and ran for roughly 170 on the year as they moved him to full time RB at 172 pounds. Surprised me

Have you seen Marcus Marshall's stats?

Back