• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Football Recruiting Thread - Notes from NSD Press Conference and Reception

Have you seen Marcus Marshall's stats?

Yeah even more surprised by him. Thought that with King's low ranking, small size, Geaorgia Southern's involvement, and the fact that Stoops is recruiting like a mad man, that King would be overshadowed at Kentucky.

I'm a fan of this fact, too:

Before donning the gold and black of the Demon Deacons, Williams must prepare for the academic expectations that will come with attending such a highly touted academic institution. He has a solid 3.0 grade point average and hopes to earn his master's degree within four years with a major in business and a concentration in economics.

Getting an MBA and BS in 4 years is gonna be tough.

Georgia Southern may be losing their HC to Tulane.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That Tulane hire is not good for Wake. Facing that scheme week 1 won't be fun. Basically a gun triple option that we won't see again all year. Spend a ton of time preparing for something you don't see again until late October with Army. Guarantee you the Wake Defensive coaches aren't thrilled to have to spend so much time getting ready for it. Wish Tulane had held on to the old guy.

That Tulane hire is not good for Wake. Facing that scheme week 1 won't be fun. Basically a gun triple option that we won't see again all year. Spend a ton of time preparing for something you don't see again until late October with Army. Guarantee you the Wake Defensive coaches aren't thrilled to have to spend so much time getting ready for it. Wish Tulane had held on to the old guy.

Look at the other side though...

That's going to be the first game that they will be running that offense. Good chance mistakes will happen.

I am still trying to piece together the exact stat line for Zander Zimmer in Bishop Moore's win in today's Florida 5A state championship game. As best I can tell it was 7 tackles, 2 sacks, a blocked punt and a safety.

Last edited:
Jacquez Williams offered by Georgia Southern and App State.

Georgia Southern is trying to flip a Wake commit for the second year in a row.

94, I got to thinking, any chance Ga Southern is trying to flip him because he had a great year as a RB and GS told him he would play RB while WF wants him as a S?

UPDATE

This week was slower than expected in terms of recruiting news. Perhaps we could see more news next week. The contact period will end on Sunday and our coaches will come back in from the road. We could then see some decisions made about offers and official visits. In addition, I am hoping for a fresh round of articles that provide more insight on new developments during the contact period.

One new name that has been added to my Board is S/LB Andrew Armstrong (Youngstown, OH). Armstrong - who has not yet been rated by Rivals - decommitted from Bowling Green this week and told Scout that he recently picked up offers from Wake Forest and Cincinnati. Syracuse is thought to be the favorite if they offer (because of his relationship with former BG HC Dino Babers) but I think Wake has a very good chance with him. Armstrong’s Hudl highlights are here: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4820687/andrew-armstrong

I am still looking for confirmation that Wake is continuing to recruit WR Larry Collins (Hopkins, SC). If Wake is still interested he would probably be the only other guy on my Board right now. RB Arkeem Byrd, TE Chase Allen and WR Donald Stewart just don’t look like realistic options right now, but that could change if doors close at other schools.

I have also built a list of 17 other recruits that Wake has had contact with. With these recruits there hasn’t been any news of an offer being extended or other info to measure how much mutual interest there is at this point. One example would be Indiana-commit DL Allen Cater (Kennesaw, GA) who tweeted a picture with Coach Cohen taken during an in-home visit this week. Cater recently visited Arkansas and is taking his official visit to Indiana this weekend. Another example is ATH TaDarryl Marshall (Leeds, AL) who recently tweeted that he was kicked out of Tennessee’s recruiting class. Marshall – who is a 5.7 three-star on Rivals – started following Wake coaches Higgins, Ruggiero, Belin and Jackson on Twitter. Many of the recruits on this list are probably backup plans, or will otherwise end up as dead ends for a number of other reasons.

Here is a breakdown of this “watch list” I put together by position: 7 TEs, 3 WRs, 2 RBs and 1 each of ATH, DL, OL, LB and S. Interestingly, only 1 of these 17 recruits is from NC, VA or SC. That’s an indication that the staff’s search is geographically broader during this stage of recruiting.

I am still trying to piece together the exact stat line for Zander Zimmer in Bishop Moore's win in today's Florida 5A state championship game. As best I can tell it was 7 tackles, 2 sacks, a blocked punt and a safety.

Hate to see him taking days off like this.

Dortch just cranked out a 66-yard TD run and is about to win a state title.

Traveon Redd's Magna Vista team won their state championship game.

How does Dortch compare to Tabari in HS?

How does Dortch compare to Tabari in HS?

No comparison in terms of high school production. Dortch was much more productive.

Hines is bigger and had a slightly better offer sheet (neither was heavily recruited though). Hines might have timed a little faster in the 40 as well.

Back