• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Football Recruiting Thread - Notes from NSD Press Conference and Reception

I was way more impressed with Hines hands and route running than his speed and ability to make guys miss this year. I expected the complete opposite, especially after the spring when it seems he was used more in gimmicky plays.

Dortch based on just that one camp vid that got posted seems to have better feet even if he doesn't have elite straight line speed.

I was way more impressed with Hines hands and route running than his speed and ability to make guys miss this year. I expected the complete opposite, especially after the spring when it seems he was used more in gimmicky plays.

Great hands. Some highlight reel catches this year. Wish we had used him more.

The staff wasted him this year. Vanilla offense. Boring. No imagination. Awful.

mebane is going to be all over it if Lamot kills us at BC.

Malik Grate was invited to the Shrine Bowl. Not sure how I could have overlooked that. He and Taleni Suhren are Wake's 2 reps.

Les Johns tweeted that Rico Dowdle will visit Wake again soon. Dowdle has had a Wake offer since July 2014. He was insanely productive this year. Even though he is better suited to play RB, he agreed to play QB this year and had 51 rushing TDs and 12 passing TDs. He is one of 10 finalists for Parade's national player of the year.

N.C. State is the odds on favorite to land Dowdle, but I think Wake is definitely a contender.

Malik Grate was invited to the Shrine Bowl. Not sure how I could have overlooked that. He and Taleni Suhren are Wake's 2 reps.

So so far we have held onto Suhren? Wasn't there talk of a de-commit?

So so far we have held onto Suhren? Wasn't there talk of a de-commit?

There was some speculation from 247 writers that he would flip after his invite to The Opening, but everything from Suhren himself has been 100% pro-Wake. I'm not any more nervous about him flipping than any of our other top commits.

There was some speculation from 247 writers that he would flip after his invite to The Opening, but everything from Suhren himself has been 100% pro-Wake. I'm not any more nervous about him flipping than any of our other top commits.

Agreed, 94. He seems as solid as anyone right now, but obviously a lot can change in the next two months.

The thing that made me a little cautious about Suhren was just the nature of his commitment. He was leaning one way (Duke) then spots seemed to fill up and he made a quick decision to Wake probably in fear slots here would also fill and he'd be left in the cold. He's even going so far as to bring others with him now. A flip would be surprising now.

Agreed, 94. He seems as solid as anyone right now, but obviously a lot can change in the next two months.

The thing that made me a little cautious about Suhren was just the nature of his commitment. He was leaning one way (Duke) then spots seemed to fill up and he made a quick decision to Wake probably in fear slots here would also fill and he'd be left in the cold. He's even going so far as to bring others with him now. A flip would be surprising now.

Scottie Mongomery leaving could affect the 2016 Duke class.

Not sure how we can take any more in this class unless we have even more attrition from our current roster.......or lose a commit or 2.
I know we should have a few recruits in the wings just in case we need them at the last minute, but would think most of the recruiting effort now would be on 2017, and holding on to 2016 commits

94, I got to thinking, any chance Ga Southern is trying to flip him because he had a great year as a RB and GS told him he would play RB while WF wants him as a S?

I couldn't help but notice that it was Coach Hunter (RB coach) that went with Coach Clawson for the in-home visit with Jacquez. Not Coach Elko (safeties) or Coach Belin (linebackers). Could be coincidence.

Well, Duke picked up two huge commitments this morning.

Up to #21 in the Rivals ranking. Counting today's additions they have nine commits ranked 5.7 or higher on Rivals. Just incredible what they have done.

Back