• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 NASCAR Thread - 7 Time!

I love all of the throwback schemes. I believe there's only one cup team that didn't do some form of throwback this year. Today should be fun.

That might have been Brian Scott and maybe that is why Smoke just dumped him on the straight away.

Awesome Truck finish BTW

So sick of the 4 pit crew sucking. On another note, I hope someone else watched the truck race today. I will never root for JH Nemechek. Glad he got body slammed after. That was some dirty beatin and bangin even coming from an Earnhardt fan.

That might have been Brian Scott and maybe that is why Smoke just dumped him on the straight away.

Awesome Truck finish BTW

Loved his response when asked about it in the pits after his day was done. "He wrecked."

2016 NASCAR Chase Contenders

1 +1 Brad Keselowski
1 +6 Kyle Busch
3 +2 Denny Hamlin
4 +7 Jimmie Johnson
4 +4 Martin Truex Jr.
4 - Carl Edwards
4 +5 Matt Kenseth
4 -3 Kevin Harvick
9 -6 Joey Logano
9 +21 Chris Buescher
9 +6 Kyle Larson
9 -3 Kurt Busch
9 +18 Tony Stewart
14 -4 Chase Elliott
14 -2 Austin Dillon
14 -1 Jamie McMurray

Close but no cigar

17 -1 Kasey Kahne
17 -3 Ryan Newman
19 - Trevor Bayne
20 -2 AJ Allmendinger
21 -4 Ryan Blaney
22 -2 Ricky Stenhouse Jr.
23 -1 Greg Biffle
24 -1 Danica Patrick
25 -4 Paul Menard
26 -2 Dale Earnhardt Jr.
27 -2 Aric Almirola
28 -2 Clint Bowyer

Kasey Kayne and Ryan Newman - juuuuuuust a bit outside.
Congrats to rookies Elliott and Buescher on making the Chase, albeit the weather played a big role for Buescher.
Despite Jr. missing 8 races, Danica is still only 2 places (32 points) above him in the standings. Who does that say more about? Him or her? Or both?
Bowyer - Damn, despite his Bowyeresque moments, he is a much better driver than where he has fallen this year. I'm sure he's looking forward to next year and has his bags packed already.
Chicago, New Hampshire, and Dover up first in the Chase.
I wouldn't sleep on Larson. Dude is on a roll.

2016 NASCAR Chase Contenders

1 +1 Brad Keselowski
1 +6 Kyle Busch
3 +2 Denny Hamlin
4 +7 Jimmie Johnson
4 +4 Martin Truex Jr.
4 - Carl Edwards
4 +5 Matt Kenseth
4 -3 Kevin Harvick
9 -6 Joey Logano
9 +21 Chris Buescher
9 +6 Kyle Larson
9 -3 Kurt Busch
9 +18 Tony Stewart
14 -4 Chase Elliott
14 -2 Austin Dillon
14 -1 Jamie McMurray

Close but no cigar

17 -1 Kasey Kahne
17 -3 Ryan Newman
19 - Trevor Bayne
20 -2 AJ Allmendinger
21 -4 Ryan Blaney
22 -2 Ricky Stenhouse Jr.
23 -1 Greg Biffle
24 -1 Danica Patrick
25 -4 Paul Menard
26 -2 Dale Earnhardt Jr.
27 -2 Aric Almirola
28 -2 Clint Bowyer

Kasey Kayne and Ryan Newman - juuuuuuust a bit outside.
Congrats to rookies Elliott and Buescher on making the Chase, albeit the weather played a big role for Buescher.
Despite Jr. missing 8 races, Danica is still only 2 places (32 points) above him in the standings. Who does that say more about? Him or her? Or both?
Bowyer - Damn, despite his Bowyeresque moments, he is a much better driver than where he has fallen this year. I'm sure he's looking forward to next year and has his bags packed already.
Chicago, New Hampshire, and Dover up first in the Chase.
I wouldn't sleep on Larson. Dude is on a roll.

Don't sleep on Larson. Yep. He is on a roll.

How much does team matter.... just a few years ago, Bowyer is in MWR equipment and runs 3rd or so in Championship. Martin Truex is in MWR equipment also and is a 15th place team.

JGR and affiliated teams and Kes are the teams to beat though.

I dont see Menard staying at RCR much longer. Another confirmation that Austin Dillon is a whiny bitch.

He really is in the proverbial drivers seat. Having daddy's money, and a lifelong sponsorship, he could go to countless teams. r/nascar is blowing up with the idea that he could go to Penske as an additional team, especially with the Menard/Penske association in Indy Car.

He really is in the proverbial drivers seat. Having daddy's money, and a lifelong sponsorship, he could go to countless teams. r/nascar is blowing up with the idea that he could go to Penske as an additional team, especially with the Menard/Penske association in Indy Car.

Penske doesn't have an additional team.

They're referring to Menard taking his sponsorship to Penske and them forming a 3rd team from there. Either buying up a charter or running another team similar to Blaney's.

Yeah yeah, I get that. I just don't like it for Penske.

Penske has really good talent right now. Kes has been able to keep pace with JGR all year, despite JGR being miles ahead on aero. Logano was dominant last year. Blaney has been consistently good. I've never liked having top tier drivers and then one "sponsor" driver in the fold. Seems like Danica, Dale Jr, Menard, etc just pull their orgs down, despite bringing in money.

That sucks. I never did care for him as a driver, but my heart goes out to him. What a tragedy.

They just played the National Anthem. Didn't see anyone kneeling or sitting.

Time for Kyle to shine! Go #18 !!!

Both the 78 and 48 failed the laser inspection after Chicago.

Supposedly after the race all of the cars were wiggling on the back stretch during to cool down lap to try and rebalance the rear of the cars to fall back within tolerances.

NASCAR really needs to stop with the contrived cautions at the end of so many races, which are happening now with alarming frequency. It is almost as if everyone is expecting it now...and it really detracts from the racing on the track and sends a "wrestling" feel to the sport.

Sometimes the caution is justified, but more often than not it is contrived to bunch up the field....and in so doing penalizes the driver who has just spent the last 75 laps or so driving his tail off to get to the front....to artificially create a ridiculous 2-lap finish to the race. The results of the race should be determined by the entire race, not just the last 2 laps.

And NASCAR wonders why it has so many empty seats these days.....

Back