• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the Panthers just have to go 9-1 or 8-2 in the remaining games to make the playoffs while playing the 1, 2, 5, 10, 11 and 12th ranked passing offenses (1 and 2 mostly likely that high as having already played pathetic panthers secondary)

So the Panthers just have to go 9-1 or 8-2 in the remaining games to make the playoffs while playing the 1, 2, 5, 10, 11 and 12th ranked passing offenses (1 and 2 mostly likely that high as having already played pathetic panthers secondary)

Gonna keep tanking

Think the only hope at this point is the big problems and our health get fixed over the bye and with 3 at home and only the Rams away we get to 5-5 as we hit that Oakland/Seattle road b2b.

I am not expecting this to happen, however

Think the only hope at this point is the big problems and our health get fixed over the bye and with 3 at home and only the Rams away we get to 5-5 as we hit that Oakland/Seattle road b2b.

I am not expecting this to happen, however

Sure it will. We're gonna get back to .500 and miss the playoffs by 1 game and take another flyer on a 2-3rd round graded DT

This season is practically over, outside of actually have to line up and play. The three issues that have plagued the team:

1) Secondary: Not much here, it's horrible. Probably in the bottom 3 of the NFL.
2) D-Line: GMan's philosophy is crumbling on itself. No DLine means added pressure on the secondary. He let Norman walk because he thought the DLine could mask some of the issues. Well it hasn't.
3) O-Line: While the offense is hardly the issue for the panthers, the OLine is made up of a bunch of backups. Most of them grade out to not be starters, and GMan again has yet to spend money where it should go to protect the MVP.

Overall S.A Smith put it correctly this morning...Cam was being asked questions in his post game interview that should be asked and answered by Gettleman. The dynasty of Cam is beginning to crumble before it starts. He's successfully wasted a prime year of Cam, Luke, KB, and the little left of JStew and Greg. I have no problem with putting the majority of these issues on GMan. He's got some explaining to do.

This season is practically over, outside of actually have to line up and play. The three issues that have plagued the team:

1) Secondary: Not much here, it's horrible. Probably in the bottom 3 of the NFL.
2) D-Line: GMan's philosophy is crumbling on itself. No DLine means added pressure on the secondary. He let Norman walk because he thought the DLine could mask some of the issues. Well it hasn't.
3) O-Line: While the offense is hardly the issue for the panthers, the OLine is made up of a bunch of backups. Most of them grade out to not be starters, and GMan again has yet to spend money where it should go to protect the MVP.

Overall S.A Smith put it correctly this morning...Cam was being asked questions in his post game interview that should be asked and answered by Gettleman. The dynasty of Cam is beginning to crumble before it starts. He's successfully wasted a prime year of Cam, Luke, KB, and the little left of JStew and Greg. I have no problem with putting the majority of these issues on GMan. He's got some explaining to do.

This is a great post.

Only quibble is again that the interior of the line is good. But bad tackles can certainly wreck a line.

Oher is probably OK enough but we weren't prepared to lose him for any period of time

Overall S.A Smith put it correctly this morning...Cam was being asked questions in his post game interview that should be asked and answered by Gettleman.
Totally agree with this. Saw a tweet this morning from one of the reporters that Gettleman won't do any media interviews until season's end, just like any other year.

Also from Ron's press conference today...Panthers are sticking with Gano, he doesn't think there's any reason to go elsewhere for a kicker right now. Says the pass rush has been the season's biggest disappointment. Made it seem like Bene had problems with the coaching staff, which was why he was released. Someone also asked him if not bringing back Norman was a mistake and he said "I'm not going there."

Totally agree with this. Saw a tweet this morning from one of the reporters that Gettleman won't do any media interviews until season's end, just like any other year.

Also from Ron's press conference today...Panthers are sticking with Gano, he doesn't think there's any reason to go elsewhere for a kicker right now. Says the pass rush has been the season's biggest disappointment. Made it seem like Bene had problems with the coaching staff, which was why he was released. Someone also asked him if not bringing back Norman was a mistake and he said "I'm not going there."

Yes I don't know if it was already mentioned here, but Bene getting cut probably had more to do with him basically criticizing the coaching staff rather than him being gassed in the Falcons game

The Panthers will rip off wins at the end of the season after we're already out of it. It's what basically happened two years ago, it's just the rest of the division was so atrocious we still made the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back